Anything else???

Username: Notsobright

Post Number: 2
Hello,
I currently own an RCA 52" CRT HD-Ready Tv. Samsung HD841 DVD Player, PlayStation 2 and Panasonic SC-HT05 Home Theatre System (Upgraded to 16 gauge speaker wires). For the Audio, Both PS2 and the DVD Player are connected to the Panasonic Receiver through Gold Optical Cables, so now im getting Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS and Prologic2 from my games and movies and radio tuner. For Picture, the PS2 is connected to the TV through Component which is required for progressive scan and the DVD player is connected to the TV through DVI (with HDCP). Im also running 6 channel (5.1) Digital 75Ohm cables from the DVD player to the Receiver to play SACD and DVD-Audio. Everyting looks and sounds GREAT. I havent had any problems with them. BUT ive been told to connect 2(L&R) from the DVD player to the Receiver to get even better & richer sound for DTS and some SACD and DVD-A tracks.. True?? Doesnt the Optical carry DTS at Hi-Rez. I searched the net for an answer but its not easy to find. I came here to get more advice and input. PLease tell me what you think.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2505
If you expect 5.1 sound, you'll need to use the optical or dig/coaxial cables.

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 27
TMS, sounds like urban legend to me. The RCA left right from DVD is not necessary at all. Most receivers automatically use the better connection of those you have connected. In this case your RCA L/R will be ignored since you have optical connection.

Username: Notsobright

Post Number: 3
Acoustic Research AP-036 Performance Series 5.1 audio cable

would these guys work for SACD and DVD-A ??
its says 5.1 audio cables but it doesnt mention 75 Ohm... anyone??

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90141046&loc=111&sp=1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us