Is Yamaha worth it?

theYamaha?
Unregistered guest
Are yamaha recievers worth it if ur budget is 800 or less? Does anyone have experience with the Yamaha RX- series? What is the suggestion for the best reciever that can be picked up for 800 or less?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 16
The Yamaha RX series are definitely worth it. For less than 800, you can pick up the RX-V2500 that is awesome. I just got an RX-V1500 for $510...almost as good but with your budget, definitely the 2500. With the THD at 0.04% it's very hard to beat both for listening to music and for mind-blowing home theater effects.

You can download brochure and manual from www.yamaha.com for details. I'm a long time Yammi fan, won't buy anything but RX-V or better.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1076
Yamaha generally makes quality receivers but menus are sometimes counterintuitive.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2389
I can only speak for the 2500, and no menu comes close to being as user friendly as the newly developed GUI menu system. It's so awesome, you'll find yourself accessing it often for various things.

Unregistered guest
Hi there
Can someone tell me what the relative power output of a speaker rated With RMS or with PMPO is?
Many thanks. Tony
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us