Are Monster Component Video cables directional?

Anonymous

I know that Monster Audio cables are directional with the arrows. Does this mean that their video component cables are directional as well? There are no arrows on the component cables but I read somewhere that they were to be hooked up as the print on the cables reads left to right meaning the writing on the cable would be hooked up away from the source? Is this correct? Does this matter with the Monster Video cables or not?

Thanks in advance...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3982
ROTFLMAO

None of them are directional! Even the audio cables!

Electrons cannot read signs on the cables and they don't care if they are going in the right direction or not.

These cables are just conductors not traffic directors.

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 129
The arrows are done for shielding purposes only. As Berny so graciously put it, the signals do not care. But, when you ground the shields at both ends, or the wrong end, you allow noise from the shield to enter the system. Typically shields are only connected at the Source and not the destination ends.
The arrows should point Away from the Source when connecting.

my 2¢

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 302
Anon if you don't know that wire's don't have direction please don't waste your money on Monster.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3985
Hey Philman,
Haven't heard from you in a while:-)How are ya?

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 130
Great, Thanks for asking. It's Summer time here in the northeast so I have been preoccupied with all that summer stuff. Jump on now and again to see whats floatin around. Couldn't help myself with this one. The people at Monster do a good marketing job, but I think they are brainwashing the unschooled and stealing their money! (of course I joined you in a snicker or two)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us