Kawasaki AV1000

Username: Kingdufus

Beantown

Post Number: 1
I recently bought the Kawasaki AV1000 Home Theater System (made by Alco Electronics/Venturer) for $59.00 at Target. I can't find any information on it anywhere on the web. It is my first Home Theater, and so far sounds great (i have nothing to compare it to)! I have a minor problem with one of the Digital Inputs: The sound volume changes over time. It starts low, then 10 mins later, goes up high. Also, the volume for the Digital Input is much lower than for ProLogic.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone has purchased this system, and what their experience has been so far. Thanks!

Username: Jokee

Yes, I just bought mine @ Target last night for $32! You are right! I've been searching all over the web and NOTHING! Have you found out anything? I'm just looking for the manual...if it exists!

Beantown

Post Number: 7
The only website I have seen for Alco is: http://www.18002526123.com but there still is not any mention of the AV1000.
Following up on my Digital volume problems, I contacted Customer Service. They suggested a couple of fixes (try another cable, try another DVD source) which didn't help. I ended up sending the unit back to them for repairs. They estimate 4-5 weeks.
The customer service was actually decent. Emails were usually responded to in a couple of days. I managed to talk to a live person a couple of times as well.
If mine didn't have the volume issue, I would have been very happy with the system. We'll see if they repair it...

Unregistered guest
kawasaki portable dvd player with lcd display s/n 090404200440, pvs1665. want to purchase carrying case w/ car adaptor and extra battery.

Bronze Member

Beantown

Post Number: 14
Well, following up on my last post: 4 weeks later I receive a new receiver in the mail, and it works perfectly! So, for my meager HT needs, it will suffice for now.
Some facts about the system from Tech Support:
15 Watts per channel and 25 Watt Sub.
100Hz - 20 KHz for each channel and <100Hz for sub
Also, they do NOT have any codes for Universal remotes.

Unregistered guest
I bought the Kawasaki AV1000 just before Christmas 2003. It was fine, but last week the sound totally crapped out. All 3 AV inputs are fully connected, as are the speakers. Even the 5 speaker surround "TEST" button produces zero sound. Strange, as all 3 video sources display on the screen clearly. I have it connected to a high def projector (81" in 16:9 aspect ratio, 91" in standard 4:3 ratio). Very fustrating. Much to my chagrin, Target seems to no longer carry the Kawasaki VV1000. I'd just buy a new one, and eat the cost, only because I'd much rather connect my existing speakers to a new base unit, rather than buy a new, better unit, like a Samsung or a Sony for more money, then have to re-wire the new speakers that come with the new surround system through the walls and ceiling all over again. And no, if you're wondering, I would not use the cheap Kawasaki speakers, nor the cheap speaker wire from the Kawasaki, with new surround speakers from a superior manufacturer.

Username: Nyc_alien

Staten island, Ny Us

Post Number: 5
I just bought the Kawasaki home theater 1152. cannot find any details so far to compare. have anyone bought a one and have any problams. working so far so good.

Unregistered guest
Do you know if there is a code for the Kawasaki 1152 to use with the universal remote? I have not been able to find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Holidays!!

Lenette
Unregistered guest
I just bought the 1152 and wish the instructions talked about Digital Cable connections. Has anyone hooked it up with a digital cable box?? does it work??

chillbumps
Unregistered guest
I bought the Kawasaki 1152 last night. The only problem I had was it wouldn't play the voices on DVD's! I could only hear the background music. Called tech support- was told I had to set the default to 5.1 sound when the unit first starts up. I haven't hooked the digital up yet...will tonight when I get cables.
Another thing...none of my universal remotes will control it...might take it back.

Unregistered guest
My Kawasaki AV1000 crapped out as well (same as MXStilgar). No sound, even in test mode. The display seems to work and all the LED's seem to indicate that it should be working, but zero sound.

I opened the case and all the fuses are fine, so who knows what happened to the thing.

chillbumps
Unregistered guest
Purchase a universal LEARNING remote:
I had 3 universal remotes + one that came w/ my TV that couldn't control ANY Kawasaki product. After purchasing a cheap learning remote that couldn't control all functions, I finally went to Radio Shack and sprung $30 on a rather large Universal Learning remote. I taught it to control the major functions on the Kawasaki 1152's remote. I can now use my one remote to control the major functions of all my products. I programmed the numbers 1-5 on the remote to match the disc change numbers on the Kawasaki...beautiful! (note: the remote does have a memory capacity) This now makes the purchase worth it. Bought it for $129.99 @Target. It then went on sale week later for $84.44 and I got the difference refunded!
Has a nice dimmer feature and is FULLY customizable.
BTW: if you hook this up via a/v input to TV, the default sound has to be 2.1 instead of 5.1 (otherwise you can't hear some vocals); however if you hook up your speakers, then you won't have that problem.
Cons:
Product is kind of heavy and long (to be expected). It wouldn't fit perfectly on my audio stand.
Its kinda weird the way it will let you switch discs while playing but only if you do something (I don't remember...did it by accident). Changing discs is a little slow, but reasonable.
Not set to 2.1 sound by defaul, so it you only hook it up to your TV at first you might think there's something wrong.
Will only work with it's native remote unless you purchase a learning remote...a good one.

chillbumps
Unregistered guest
Purchase a universal LEARNING remote:
I had 3 universal remotes + one that came w/ my TV that couldn't control ANY Kawasaki product. After purchasing a cheap learning remote that couldn't control all functions, I finally went to Radio Shack and sprung $30 on a rather large Universal Learning remote. I taught it to control the major functions on the Kawasaki 1152's remote. I can now use my one remote to control the major functions of all my products. I programmed the numbers 1-5 on the remote to match the disc change numbers on the Kawasaki...beautiful! (note: the remote does have a memory capacity) The learning remote made the purchase of the Kawasaki 1152 worth it. Bought this DVD Home Theater player for $129.99 @Target. It then went on sale week later for $84.44 and I got the difference refunded!
Has a nice dimmer feature and is FULLY customizable.
BTW: if you hook this up via a/v input to TV, the default sound has to be 2.1 instead of 5.1 (otherwise you can't hear some vocals); however if you hook up your speakers, then you won't have that problem.
Cons:
Product is kind of heavy and long (to be expected). It wouldn't fit perfectly on my audio stand.
Its kinda weird the way it will let you switch discs while playing but only if you do something (I don't remember...did it by accident). Changing discs is a little slow, but reasonable.
Not set to 2.1 sound by defaul, so if you only hook it up to your TV at first you might think there's something wrong.
Will only work with it's native remote unless you purchase a learning remote...a good one.

Unregistered guest
I got a Kawasaki Home Theature System for Christmas I think the model number is 1152. Last night I went to put a DVD in and I didn't have it set right and when I closed the player the DVD got pushed to the back of the player and now I can't get it out! I tried to call customer service this morning and was on hold for over an hour. Anyone have any suggestions???? It was one of my fav DVD's! Grrr

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2802
Claudia,
Pick up the DVD player, hold it upside down, then hit the eject button.

TheNewGuest
Unregistered guest
http://www.18002526123.com/findit/AV1000_E.pdf

It was right on the site...

Unregistered guest
I purchased my av1000 in 2003 from Target so far so good it's running great. But I need help I NEED ANOTHER REMOTE CONTROL!

Unregistered guest
I purchased my av1000 in 2003 from Target so far so good it's running great. But I need help I NEED ANOTHER REMOTE CONTROL!

Unregistered guest
I bought my Kawasaki 1152 to play 5 cd's sequentially. Tech support tells me it cannot do that. Has anyone figured out how to program it to do so?

Unregistered guest
Just bought a 1152. It does everything except DVD play. Laser works fine cause it plays all CD formats...but put ANY DVD in and after a short load time, displays an 'invalid disk' message.

GutBomb
Unregistered guest
you can buy a remote here for $15

http://www.18002526123.com/findit/findit.htm

pick kawasaki then home theatre, then av1000

Holly
Unregistered guest
Kawasaki products are the same as Venturer; the universal remote code for Venturer is 0790 which works for my Kawasaki 1152.

Unregistered guest
I recently purchased Kawasaki 2628V from Ebay. It seemed to be working fine until a week ago when the remote stopped functioning. I tried Philips 5-in-1 Universal Remote but it doesnt work. I bought the whole system for 45.00 and do not want to spend $19 for remote from their website. Can anyone offer me any insights into the type of remote I should be using?

Anonymous

I got a Kawasaki AV1000 last year around Christmas and I've been using it on my pc so I could eventually get surround sound. Well finally a few days ago I bought a sound card with the right export to plug it into the "DVD digital in" impute on the receiver. But I don't know what mode to select to get sound out of it. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I purchased the 1152 system, and I am very disappointed in the product. It played ok for 2 months, and then I kept getting INVALID DISK, on DVD's only. Everything else about the unit works alright. I sent the unit in in April and received it back June 16th, it played 10 days and I have the same thing going on. They told me to reship it, and they would reimburse me shipping, just fax bill, and they would send a new unit. We'll see! I'll check the serial #!!

junk electronics
Unregistered guest
I received the 1152 system for christmas of 2004 and have the same problem as Linda and Mark posted above. Even a brand new dvd is registered as an invalid disk, After taking apart the unit to see if everything is working alright and cleaning the eye it still does the same thing, this thing is junk!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have an AV1000 base unit (no speakers or remote)if anyone would like to purchase it. Just send me a note to lemankh@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Do you know if there is a code for the Kawasaki 1152 to use with the universal remote? I have not been able to find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No Codes listed for Universal Learning Remote (NEED a working orignal remote to learn). The orignal remote buttons are out of alignment or something. Press Stop and it does something else.
I tried that code 0790 and the Universal Remote won't even accept that code.

Bradley B
Unregistered guest
Can the Kawasaki 1152 play international DVDs? If I bought it in America, can I play UK DVDs on it?

Unregistered guest
I went to a moving sale,and was given a 1152. It works good except for the open and shut control
for the disc changer. It sits there and opens and
closes over and over without stoping unless you hit the function button.Anyone know how to stop that?

Adam McMicheals
Unregistered guest
Bought an 1152 a few months back. Sounds great as a cd player, but a piece of crap for DVD's. Won't play any of them. Looks like I'm out $80, or I bought a really expensive target to take to the range. It's been more than 90 days, so Target won't take it back. Is it worth sending back even?

Anonymous

I brought a kawasaki portable dvd player @ TARGET, and its great but there is no car adapter, the is a carrying case but can't find it anywhere and thats the only thing that has the car adapter! Does anyone else have this problem!

Unregistered guest
Received a 1152 for Christmas. The remote is either defective or the player is not working the remote. any suggestions?

Username: Mattsoftnet

Post Number: 2
I just got a 1152 for $4 used. I fixed a few bad wires inside and it works great now. it didn't come with a remote and my universal doesn't support kawasaki, so I can't get into any kind of setup for it. really stinks that I can't do more with it right now, but I ordered a remote from that one link. thanks lester. $19 for the remote. should be worth it. does anyone have a manual for this? I have a lot of other manuals on my website http://www.schematicsforfree.com/ maybe someone will find it useful. hundreds of others do every day :-)

Username: Flamingo

20060319.. recherche pour mon beau-frere... : recherche quelqu'un qui aurait a vendre, 1 ''speaker'' GAUCHE, model TR2830-Digital Series.
Me laisser le message.. je communiquerai avec lui.
Merci

Username: Muleskinnersam

hi all. I have had the same problem with the universal remote control code issues for the kawasaki 1152. Use the code for Duraband. For my universal remote the code was 546. Hope this helps you all. I like my system cept for the fact the voice volume doesnt go loud enough for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us