Blurred line moving up screen!!

Username: Frayedknot

Post Number: 1
I have noticed that there is a horizontal line moving up my screen. It is extremely distracting and I would like to know what is causing it, and if (hopefully)it can be prevented. I have just purchased a 42" Prima Plasma TV and I notice that whether I am watching a DVD(component video cables) or a movie off my computer (rca video cable), or even through the digital cable box (rca video cable) I get this blurry line moving slowly up the screen. I usually happens during times when the video is moving rapidly, fast panning etc. I have speakers set up near my tv screen. Could that have something to do with it. They are speakers made for home theater system. The center channel speaker is made so it sit's on top of a regular tv so I figure it must be ok to have near the screen. Please help!!
Thank you

Anonymous

I have the same problem on my laptop lcd screen. When I watch movies they often have a flickering line moving up during action scenes. I figured it was just a glitch when my computer couldn't process the high data rate?

Unregistered guest
Tyler,
You're problem seems to be a ground loop.
Maybe you have also a radio tuner connected to the cable distribution, and is that amplifier also connected to your tv,to have your tv sound trough the speakers. --> if so disconnect the shield of the antenne wire to the radio tuner.
Otherwise disconnect all the earth connections off your power-plugs. TV+AMP+TUNER+PC...
and your problem will be solved!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us