Plasma Speakers thro' Yamaha amp

Username: Dikee

Post Number: 1
Hi - I have just bought myself a Pioneer PDP-5050HD Plasma TV. The speakers sound really good when connected to the TV, but when connected to my Yamaha R-V905 amp (so I can set up my home-theater) the sound is really tinny. I tried a set of old, cheap, speakers and they are OK - can anyone help as to why the speakers that came with the plasma sound really bad when hooked up to my amp?

Thanks

DikEE

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2325
Richard,
Maybe the speakers that came with your TV arent designed to be powered by an external amp. If you want your HT to sound good, I'd recommend buying new speakers, and leave the TV speakers connected to the TV. At least that way, you can still watch regular TV without having to go through your stereo.

When movie time rolls around or that big football game, fire up your receiver and 5.1 surround setup:-)

Username: Dikee

Post Number: 2
Hi Paul

Thanks for the feedback. I just realised that my amp has an impedance switch on the back. I used to have small Yamaha speakers hooked up (4 ohms I think) and the TV speakers are 8ohm. If If change the amp impedance setting do you think this might help (sorry I'm a bit of a novice with this electrical stuff). If this won't make much difference I can alway sell my new CBR600RR bike and buy some nice B&W speakers :-)

Richard

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2327
No,
changing the empedance shouldnt fix your problem.

Good luck, and happy shopping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us