Speaker suggestions for dedicated Home Theater

Username: Villnius34

Toledo, OH USA

Post Number: 1
Moving into a new house that I will have a dedicated room for Home Theater. Basement room (finished) 12'W x 20' L. Currently have an HK (Harman Kardon) AVR 520 and HKTS 10 speaker package. I don't think I need to update the receiver, but think I could get better sound out of new speakers. Probably anywhere from $700-1500 to spend on speakers, but obviously the most bang for the buck would be what I'm after. Suggestions or thoughts on receiver would be appreciated as well.

Username: Quartzdesign

Post Number: 4
Two speaker companies you may want to look at are Axiom and Aperion. Your HK will have no problem driving these speakers. I have a HK AVR520 too and after about 6 months of searching message boards went with Axioms. Both Companies have free shipping and a 30 day return policy so you don't have anything really to risk.

Username: Villnius34

Toledo, OH USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input Steve. Anyone have experience with Energy Encore's in a room this size. Like the price point but hesitant on smaller speakers delivering the punch. Love to have socks blown off when watching movies.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 25
Some small speakers can deliver the punch...especially if they have a good subwoofer...but are the Encores that different than the speakers you are replacing?

mab
Unregistered guest
hey i just sold my old system and bought a new one 500 watt 2-channel 8-ohm amplifier thx certified , dual 12-band-eq , 1 pair of pro audio 500 watt stero speakers 8-ohm , 50-d-cd changer , am/fm stero tuner , shielded rca jacks/14 gauge care cables , equipment stand. i just like to know what you think of this setup?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us