Onkyo HTS 650 remote sucks

Chris Turn
Anyone of a good replacement for the crappy remote that the Onkyo HTS 650 comes with?

Thanks,
CT

Jim
I agree. I got a Sony VL-900. It costs 60 bucks, but it was worth it. I'm still not extremely happy with it, but it is a learning remote, with macros. I can truly use only one remote for my DVD, VCR, Cable and Receiver. The macros are awesome for switching all the components on/off and in their proper modes.

Anonymous
Philips makes a few unviversal remotes. I got one that controls 7 devices from Circuit City--around
$25. It is pretty nice with keys that glow for use in the dark.

Paklid
Regarding remotes; The remote that comes with the hts650 didn't have any codes to control my dvd or my tv. I was getting sick of having a bunch of seperate remotes all over the place so I bought a Phillips universal learning remote for $25 from Sears. It had codes to control each component; receiver, tv, vcr and dvd. There is a similar Phillips remote for $20 that I saw at Best Buy, but it didn't have a seperate switch for receivers, whereas the one that I got, does.

I picked the Phillips remote because it supported all the brands of components that I have, plus it was a learning remote. The price was reasonable; I don't see a need to spend any more than 25 bucks for a stupid remote control. The buttons were large and varied shaped for tactile control without having to look at the remote. Also it looks kinda cool; silver finish with rubberized multi-colored glow in the dark buttons.

Magyar
Wow Paklid, that remote sounds pretty cool. I'll definately go and see if I can find it.

I hear you about tactile control. I hate having to look down at my remote and figure out which button I want to hit. I know it sounds lazy, but it really can be frustrating.

M
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us