Bi-wiring

Unregistered guest
I just got a speaker pair that can be bi-wired. I was wandering if there is any active cross over i could put between my amp and the 2 sets of terminals? I only have a 5 channel amp and I don't really want to spend the money (now at least) on a nother amp. But I wasn't sure if there is an active crossover that can work with the "high level" of the speaker connections. Thanks for your help, Paul

notorious av guy
Unregistered guest
Although functional, I always thought that the "bi-wire" posts on consumer speakers are there just for looks, kind of like the "jog shuttles" on vcrs. You can use them, but no one really does.

Mr. V
Unregistered guest
Active crossovers are put in the signal chain before the amplifier.

It is designed for sending the signal to two amps, each one powering a cable to either the hi or lo speaker imputs on a bi-wired speaker.

What you are talking about is a passive crossover, which will rob you of amplifier power.

I have a couple of audio systems using bi-wired speakers, and use bi-wired speaker cable: it "splits" from the connection at the amp to two cables, each with its own connection, running to the speaker.

Sonic alchemy, highly recommended (cheap, too).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us