Connecting two 1080i receivers to 1 tv with one 1080i input

Unregistered guest
I have Mitsubishi HD TV that has only one 1080I input HD Direct TV box and a HD cable box - Can I connect both to the TV and get 1080I picture or do I need some type of a/b box?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 281
By 1080i do you mean an HDMI connector?

If so I don't see any other way but to use a a/b switch. Unless somehow you'd like to get a receiver with two HDMI input and one HDMI output. It is a very expensive solution.

Username: Goretro77

Post Number: 6
if you mean component 1080i I use the Audio Authority Auto switchbox, it accepts 5 sets of component video input and outputs to component cables. I did get it from smarthome.com but I did a search for it there so I can post the link and I did not find it now.

I'm sur eit can be found elsewhere....
You can assign each set a priority. So I have my cable as the lowest priority and the second I switch on a dvd player/vcr the image from that source will be displayed instead of the cable.
I like the manual override button on the front too so I can choose to have video from any given source playing on my tv and have my speakers pumping out music, the usual setup I use while a party is going on....

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2176
You have both HD/Sat & cable?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us