Bose acoustimass 6 series2 Vs Orb Mod 1

STed
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I am looking to set up a hometheatre system (Speakers + Reciever) for about 1000$.
I am very new to Hometheatre scenario and need guidance.

I am getting Bose Acostimass6(series 2) for about 400$ and after going through the posts at this site ,i am confused about my decision to buy those

Would appreciate your help/ recommendations .
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 419
skip the bose and look for something else. How big is your room? What receivers and speakers have you heard? Do you prefer tower pseakers or small bookshelf type.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 19
The Orb Audio stuff will blow away the Bose, as will many other brands. I think you'll find the Orbs have clear, full sound and fantastic imaging, with none of the "boom and sizzle" of many other home theater systems. You can also grow into the Orb as your budget or needs change. The Orb systems have a quality subwoofer and their satellites can play the low midrange -- those things are critical to a small speaker system and many others fail in these areas, leaving a hole in the midrange and muddy, messy bass. Your budget is pretty tight, so focus on the companies that sell direct, like Orb, because you'll get a lot more for your money (and I think most if not all have a 30 day return policy for you to try them at home).

Username: Zenkinz

Post Number: 1
Monologue,

I read tt u already have ORB speakers.

how do you think they are possible to create clear sound just with one driver per channel?

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 35
They use a full range driver that plays up to 18,000 or 20,000hz, plus a subwoofer. I think the single driver actually leads to better clarity as opposed to 3 way speakers w/ crossovers. In any event, if you are looking for clear, detailed speakers, the Orbs fit the bill.

Username: Zenkinz

Post Number: 4
I can't audit the sound, so I can't tell if it's possible for a small driver to drive the entire range of sound.

and this is the first time tt I hear that a full range driver performs better than 3 way speakers. I am a novice, so I might be misinformed.

appreciate feedbacks from others so that I can make better informed decision. The point is I am outside of NA, so the 30 days $ back guarantee is not so applicable to me.

Username: Gwlaw99

Post Number: 2
try these

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_4/Hsu/htib-hsu-vt-12-stf-2.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us