Need Help with speakers

Username: Milcol

Post Number: 4
Going to purchase the Yamaha HTR5890 receiver and now need to get some ideas for speakers to match up,no subwoofer though,want the system for a Sharp Aquos LCD 26D5U TV.

Thanks
Bob

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3413
What is your budget?
What have you listened to, so far?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1963
What do you want in a speaker, and what are your listening habits?

Username: Bemho

Utah USA

Post Number: 2
new thread link not working for me and I need some help.
Which would be better for mainly movies and gaming the Yammie HTR-5890 or the HK AVR635? The room with my setup is not enclosed and it opens up into the kitchen so I have a lot of air space im dealing with. I can get the HTR-5890 for about the same price as the AVR635. I want to make sure i get a receiver that will give me better results than the Kenwood 6060 I currently have. I want to get a decent receiver this time and I have seen a lot of info that HK is honest and gives true wattage, etc. I would like to get some opinions that if I go with the Yammie, can I rely on the specs that are listed for it. Im pretty green when it comes to understanding all the specs, I am trying to learn more since i would like to eventually have much better speakers but in the meantime I could really use some of the opinions from you guys that are advanced audiophiles. The HK is rated at 75watts per channel and the yammie is rated at 140watts per channel, is there a huge difference in listening volume and clarity if i go with the 75watt HK vs the 140watt Yammie? I would like to have a clean sounding system where i can hear as much detail as possible when watching movies and playing video games. I am listing the setup i have now even though it may not matter as I would like to eventually go to just one brand of speakers since mine is a mix of some decent speakers and some not so decent.

TV - Toshiba 65H14
Receiver - Kenwood 6060
Sub - Athena AS-P400
Fronts - Sony SS-MF400
Center - Jamo E8
Rears - Polk Audio FXi3
Rear Center - Yamaha NX-C220 (center out of a surround package)

Any help you guys can give me will be a huge help to me

Thank You
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us