What do buy next???

Username: Ytrebil

Post Number: 1
Well hope this is the right forum for my question. Sorry in advance if it isn't!

I have a 40" Hyundai plasma TV in my bedroom. I recently bought some 5.1 surround sound speakers with a connecting box where you can adjust the volume etc. However, I believe this isn't so much as an AMP as a control. Sorry for my lack of technical 'speak'.

Looking thru the manual it looks like these speakers hook up to a 5.1 capable DVD player. If I connect the speakers up to a 5.1 input DVD player, will the surround sound ONLY work on DVDs or will the sound be transmitted to the speakers when watching normal television?

What's the best way to hook it up?

I don't want to splash out on a fancy 5.1 DVD player and then only have the speakers work when there is a DVD on.

Also - if the speakers are hooked up to a DVD player, can volume be adjusted via the DVD player - the speaker set doesn't have a remote control.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for the lack of technical lingo!

Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1950
You'll need a receiver. You might want to read your manual because it will tell you what your 'connecting box' is, and it will tell you how to connect your components to make everything work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us