5.1 or 7.1????????????

Username: Bas

Post Number: 2
i have a relitivly small living room and i am not sure if it would make sence to get a 7.1 system .. does it make a big diffrence if i just get 5.1 speaker set..

Unregistered guest
First I would say yes, it will make a difference. Second, speakers are the most important part of a system. If they are not placed correctly and are not of good quality then you will certainly not be getting what you expect - true movie experience. Many new movies are starting to come out with the 6.1 and 7.1 formats, but it is a slow process - most people still have 5.1 systems. I would recommend a 7.1 if money is not an issue. However if money is an issue, go with the 5.1 and get top quality speakers. Choose speakers that have a wide frequency range (20-20,000 ideal). Test several before making a purchse. Be wary of salesman, they sometimes don't know what they're doing or how to give a proper demonstration. Have him/her leave the room so you may test them yourself. better yet, if possible, take them home to test them in your living room to see how they sound with your equiptment and in your room. This should help you find the right set for your room.

www.digitalhsolutions.com

Good Luck!

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1951
bader,
If your room will accomodate a 7.1 setup, by all means.....go for it because it makes a difference when watching movies.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 824
Any room will accommodate 7.1 it depends on the user setting down and designing the lay out and then implementing it into the final design.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us