7 channel A/B switch

Username: Stockton86

Post Number: 7
i would like to know how to power a set of 7 speakers with one of two amps. one amp is the pioneer 56txi receiver (110x7), the other is a similar model. maybe i could just run two sets of speaker wire to each speaker. i think i heard that thats a bad idea though. because if both receivers were on at the same time for some stupid reason, things would get damaged. maybe what i need is a 7 channel A/B switch. preferably IR controllable. i looked at xantech and speakercraft. i dont think that either company has what im looking for...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jared

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 586
is this to make an A/B comparison of two different recievers or what? a decent 7 channel switch is going to be alittle expensive and i dont think they work the way you want them to. it is usually to distribute one source to many other sets. thats from my experience.

Username: Stockton86

Post Number: 8
please tell me where i can look at those. it needs to be speaker level and direct one of two sources at one set of speakers. it seems to me that if it can do the opposite, then it can do both. not too sure on that one. ir controllable isnt necessary, but if it isnt prohibitively expensive then its worth it. i would expect to see such a product priced at $500, but please let me know whats out there even if its way more.

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us