Some 1 help me

Username: Corradol638rjl

Post Number: 1
ive got a nad t770 av receiver and a nad 372 and a nad 272 [amps] .ive got it to work in 5.1 mode by using the left and right channels of the 5.1 output into the one of the main imputs of the 372 and the other 1 in the fixed imput of the 272 the only problem is i have to switch 272 imput switch over everytime i want to wath a film and with the 372 i have to take the main imput out to put anything other than i film on .is their a switchable junction box type thingy available for this .any suggestions are welcome.
cheers

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3324
Take a deep breath and use punctuations. Your statement is convoluted.

Let me see if I have this right.
You are using the t770 as your main source.
This is in turn hooked up to the C372, if I remember correctly this is an integrated receiver? How are you hooked up to this receiver? If you are using it as just an amplifier for your t770, make sure that you are using the front left/right pre-outs of the t770 into the aux(or some other input) on the C372. If I were you I would hook up the front pre-outs to the 272 instead.

Now connect the rear left/right pre-outs of the t770 and connect it to the other receiver's left and right inputs.

Now connect the front center speaker to the t770's front speaker output. (If you have a monoblock power amp you can connect it to the front pre-out of the t770)

Now go to your set-up procedure and turn off the front and rear speaker outputs. Leave the front center speaker output to on.

Connect the dvd player's digital output to the t770.

I don't understand what you mean by switching over everytime. What are you switching over?

Now enjoy.

Now connect

Post Number: 2
yes the t770 is hooked up to a 372 wich is a intergrated amp and 272 is a power amp [both running bridged].but i want to hook my cd player directly to my intergrated 372 this is what causing the probs.ive connected it as youve described.when i say switching over im having to switch a switch[272] at the back from varible imput to fixed etc and with the 372 im having to take out the one main imput in order to use my cd [which is connected to the 372

Gold Member

Post Number: 3332
Any reason why you don't have the CD player connected to the t770?
You have 4 audio inputs on the t770. You should hook up the CD player to one of them and just use the 372 like a power amp.

Post Number: 3
should sound better?should it not?

Post Number: 4
the stero sound of a t770 is not even close to that of a 372

Gold Member

Post Number: 3333
aaah, now I see what you mean!
Well, if it sounds better then I am afraid that you will have to do some manual switching. The 372 is indeed a great stereo receiver, but it has been a while since I played with one. But from what you are describing, I would not put the 272 in the equation. I would just keep the 272 connected to the rear pre-outs of the t770.

I would connect the cd player to an input in the 372. So when you want to listen to the cd player all you do is turn on the 272 that is hooked up to your front left/right speakers.

t770 front l/r pre-out-->372-->front l/r speakers

cd player-->372

t770 rear l/r pre-out-->272-->rear l/r speakers

This is the configuration I would go with.

Post Number: 5
is their any thing i cab buy that could swich the phono leads?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3334
yes, you can go to radio shack and get one of those a/v switches. Multiple source to one input.

Post Number: 6
any good quality 1 s though>?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3337
They are pretty much the same. You could try partsexpress.com and do a search on a/v switches. You'll find something there that you can use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us