Pioneer receiver lost remote

Username: Genedemarco

Post Number: 1
I have had a pioneer vsx505s reciever packed away and resently reinstalled in in my new home. I realized quickly that I had lost the remote. I've used a universal to at least get access to all features but the test tone level to balance the speakers. Its critical since this is a much smaller room than I had in the past and the balance is WAY off. 2 questions I guess.
1: Any universal out ther that will perforn that function ( I dont want to pay $100 for a new pioneer remote. )
2: Any way to do this without a remote.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1760
I think that any universal remote that can perform 'all' of your receiver functions will also be pretty pricey or even cost more.....if it even exists. You may have to bite the bullet on this one, and replace your remote.

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 31
would you be willing to pay $200 for a really good universal remote?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1769
He specifically said he didnt want to pay the $100 it would cost to replace his original.

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 42
No, he specifically said he didn't WANT to pay $100 for a new Pioneer remote. Just because you don't want to do things sometimes doesn't always mean it's easier if you ignore the real issue at hand.
Again to answer the question so everyone understands...
1)Yes, Harmony sst676 - $150 (you're not paying $100 for a new Pioneer, you're getting a remote that can do much more like perform macros, download 15 days worth of TV guide, allow you to setup speaker tones and levels, be as user friendly as a Shel Silverstein book and more.)
2) No.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 388
Since Gene started two threads on this, I answered on the other one:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/152256.html

Of course, this answer assumes you can change the speaker trims on the receiver itself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us