Entry Level HTIB vs Logitech 5500 digital pc speakers

Username: Felang

Post Number: 1
Hi, i am looking into getting a decent entry level home theater system. Need one for a small tv room. Looking to spend around $300. My #1 choice was ONKYO HT-S580 , my brother has sony HT-DDW670 ($180) and although it sounds ok i want something a little better. A friend recommended logitech 5500 digital pc speakers. Seem to have more power than most cheap HTIB's, 1000 total watts instead of around 600. Has anyone used these speakers for home theater, how do they compare to $300 HTIB's? Should I get those or the ONKYO setup? Where can i get good price for ht-s580? Would love to get onkyo ht-s780 but a little out of my price range...

Ryuhei
Unregistered guest
I would recommend the Onkyo HT-S570 for a good entry level home theater system. The best place to purchase right now is at Radio Shack. It is listed as HT-S8230 which is the exact same as the S570 at other stores. It is listed this way so Shack can sell lower and not upset the other retailers. It is on sale for $199! In general, don't be fooled by power ratings. Entry systems that tout large total watts only means the peak performance for a very brief period of time and high distortion. Better systems have lower watts but these ratings are for continuous power with all speakers not just one or two and lower distortion. ps The 580 has only cosmetic changes and many prefer the look of the 570 (aka 8230)

Username: Felang

Post Number: 2
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us