Onkyo 650 Volume Levels

Anonymous
I just finished watching Triple X on my onkyo Surround system using dolby digital and it was amamzing. For the volume levels i kept it around 60, and it seemed pleasent volume level, if i wanted to rattle the windoes i would crank it up to about 68-70. Is that close to what yalls Onkyo systems performs.

rob p
i think 70 would blow my windows out!

i was watching attack of the clones a few nights ago and when the ships came in during the opening scenes i thought for sure stuff was going to fall off the walls.

Anonymous
Man, I can't imagine how anyone can listen to this sytem at a volume setting over 70 for more than a few seconds! My ears are still ringing! I think my furniture has moved a few inches by itself! You want a quick way to dry a wet shirt??...stand in front of the speakers and set the volume to about 80! Of course, you'd better be wearing earplugs...and you'll probably have to pay off your neighbors!

Cringer
I've noticed that newer dvd's play louder than some of the older dvd's that I have. But anything lower than 60 is pretty passive, and I don't think I've ever tried playing a dvd louder than 77.

I think I mostly set it at 67 or 68 for dvds. That's a good respectable level; right at the level just before the sound makes you cringe.

Steve
Ah man, you guys are die-hards. With the volume set around 62-64 during the "Council Of Elrond" when Gandolf starts to speak...the cat frizzes and runs away then my 2 year old gets really worried and goes looking for shelter. Amazing sound for a system at this price level. My buddy has a Denon receiver and DT speakers- don't mistake me, his stuff sounds great, but for $1,500 less, I am completely satisfied with the 650 system. In my opinion, make the main speaker upgrade and this thing can hold its own with the "lower end" of the "high end" stuff...for half the price.

Anonymous
A friend cranked his HT-S650 up to 72 and cracked his plaster walls in five places while blowing out his picture window so it does have the power.

Anonymous
I only had to turn mine up to 70 and did $1900.00 worth of damage to my stained glass window.

Anonymous
I turned my Onkyo to 80 and now I am deaf. Maybe temporarily or permanently. The Doctor said it will be a week to ten days before I know for sure.
So a word of warning; keep it to a sane level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us