Optimum Setup for Samsung Home Theater

Username: Quesanova

Post Number: 1
Hi guys I recently purchased a 50' Samsung 5039 HD Plasma with a Samsung HTIB SK5 with standard DTV RCA receiver. The SK5 is a all in one unit w/5disk changer that plays DVD,CD,MP3...has digital tuner and Klisp speakers. I was not aware that the reciever did not convert video signals from different input meaning I can't run s-video in and composite out to the tv and get a signal. So i'm stuck with having the sat box run directly to the plasma from component a/v cables. My question to you guys is how can I optimize my picture quality while using the Samsung SK5. I will replace the RCA settop box for a more advance one if needed. Your feedback would be greatly apreciated.

Username: Quesanova

Post Number: 2
I meant s-video to component out to the TV, sorry.

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 46
Running component cables directly from the sat box to your HDTV will get you the best picture quality. There's no need to run the video cables through the receiver. Just run the audio cable(s) from the sat box to the receiver and another one from the receiver to the TV. You should be able to enjoy your HTIB with this set-up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us