Need advise on new system!!!

Username: Burbs

East London, Eastern Cape South Africa

Post Number: 2
I am in the process of ordering a new system and in need of some urgent advise...
The following is a list of equipment that i'm considering purchasing, please advise..

Yamaha RX-V1400 Receiver
" DDF540 Dvd Player
" CDC585 CD-Player
Paradigm Monitor 11 v3 Fronts
" CC370 Center
" ADP370 Rears
Yamaha YSSW315 Sub Woofer

Toshiba 61" Rear Projection TV, Theatre Cool VH9 Model

Please could someone let me know if this a good set-up etc. Please Please

Thanks
Burbs

Username: Burbs

East London, Eastern Cape South Africa

Post Number: 3
Sorry, ADVICE on new system!

Just need some professional advice on the matter..

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 436
Burbs:

I would suggewt a couple of things. First, I would suggest more power to drive those wonderful Paradigm Monitor 11 speakers. The Yammie RX-V1400 is a bare minimum IMHO, and I think you should consider moving up to the RX-V2400. Yamahas do not produce their rated power over 5 channels (a common problem among mass market receivers such as Yamaha) and if you have a good sized room, the 1400 will not pull it. Alternatively, look into an NAD T753 or 763, which will have much more power and is a great match for the Paradigm speakers.

Second, forget the Yamaha sub--it simply is no match, quality wise, with the Paradigm speakers. I recommend a Paradigm sub or one from Hsu Research. Paradigms can obviously be obtained from your Paradigm dealer. Hsu Research is the company founded by Dr. Hsu, who is THE MAN in subwoofers. He is recognized as one of the leading experts on subwoofers and he sells his products over the internet with a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can try them in your home with your speakers. I know a lot of people who have ordered one and I have never heard of anyone returning one--they are simply awesome for the money. The key to a good sub is that it has to be fast and Hsu subs are very fast (you don't want the low bass notes being struck a couple of milliseconds late). Either Paradigm or Hsu is a huge improvement over the yamaha sub.

Check out the Hsus at www.hsuresearch.com

Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Cargoil

San Diego, Ca US

Post Number: 32
I too recommend the 2400 over the 1400 but not being a NAD fan I would stay with the Yamaha.
As far as the sub I would look into a Valodyne product. I have had great luck with their products. I would look at the Pioneer Elite 45A DVD because of the ability to play all formats including SACD and DVD-A. Good luck to you on your quest. It can be fun if you take your time and choose wisely. There is nothing like setting up that new system, sitting back in the sweet spot, playing that favorite CD and hearing sounds you never new were there.

Just wanted to say Hi! to Hawk. I hope all is well in your world. So far I'm loving that 3805 I got. I am still amazed at the sound qulity. Take care hope to talk soon.

Booger
Unregistered guest
It's all owl puke! give up audio and start drinking!!!

ht
Unregistered guest
Great price on the RXV2400: $799.95 on eBay - check it out - just bought one from this seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39801&item=3093955176&rd= 1&ssPageName=WD1V

Unregistered guest
Hi Burbs,
Im looking for a paradigm dealer in Jhb. Where did you buy your speakers?

Unregistered guest
I can help with Paradigm. Call me on 011 465 0671.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us