Audio Hookup Question(s) - SA-8300HD

Username: Dennis44

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 4
I have a Sony KDF-50WE655 TV, a Scientific Atlanta-8300HD Cablebox, a Sony STR-K660P Receiver, a Magnavox MRV-640 DVD Player/Recorder (it was the only progressive scan DVD player I had) and a P.O.S. VCR. I have a question regarding the audio hookup. When I initially upgraded to HDTV, I had the installer hook the TV-Cable connection using HDMI. He also hooked up to the adjacent audio inputs which I thought was unnecessary but he said was. My DVD is hooked up to the TV with compnent video and into the receiver with the DTS connection. I had used the optical out from the TV to the receiver. Initially I could not get audio from a TV broadcast into my receiver. I made some adjustments to the cable guy's work. I disconnected the audio cables adjacent to the HDMI and used the optical audio out port from my cable box to the receiver and now everything seems to be working fine. Does this seem to be the optimum hookup for me?

Additionally, I'd like to split my cable signal in order to use Sony's PIP which is a bit better than what I get with the cable box. From what I can see, I should split the cable before the cable box using one line to go into the box and the other line to go into the television. This should give me the ability to use both the cable box tuner (through the HDMI) and the TV tuner in order to use Sony's PIP, right? By splitting the signal will I see any degradation in the signal. Any recommendations on what kind of splitter to buy(I know it has to be bidirectional)?

Unregistered guest
i have a sony home theatre system DAV-FR8 SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. It works when i watch my DVD,S but when i watch tv i can,t get the sound to go thru the surround system my TV is a proscan TV
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us