Username: Maxsound

Texas

Post Number: 1
Thanks to all experts in advance...
Please help with the following 'parts'.
I have:
Dish Network Sat cable into a Dish box
Denon AVR1802 Receiver
Samsung SP-P4231 Plasma TV with 2 speakers (temp)
Mitsubishi DD6020 DVD player

I currently have 2 cables:
1 - Sony P0C-30A Optical digital cable
1 - ConX component cable (red,grn,blue) RCA type

Between all the wiring diagrams from each component, I still have no clue how to wire this stuff up! (I'll tackle the surround sound later...all Def Tech).

Please explain how to make the above components work together through the Denon receiver and hook up a PS2 to the same. If I need more cables/wire, please inform.
I want to say all peripherals should feed thru the receiver and even the Dish box feed into the receiver, then from the receiver to the tv.

The Dish box has:
cable input (coax from satellite dish)
S-video output
video + audio L/R
tv set output coax
tv ant/cable input coax
phone jack

Samsung plasma tv has:
DVI-D & audio L/R
monitor out - video + audio L/R
PC inputs (not used)
S-video
A/V video + audio L/R
Component video Y,Pb,Pr & audio L/R (tot 5 ports)
Ant in VHF/UHF 75...

The Denon Receiver:
Please see http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=57#PID759 for AVR 1802 .pdf info

Again, where the PS2 is concerned - is it possible to plug it into one of the VCR spots (video, audio L/R) since there are at least two VCR spots on this rec'r? If not, the only aux on the rec'r is on the front which seems silly to leave a more 'permanent' peripheral hooked up to the front of a nice rec'r.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Username: Slcusker

Please help! My husband is deployed and I am trying to figure out whether what we have can be hooked up to work together as surround sound/home theater system (are those the same thing?). What I have is:

TV
DVD/VCR combo player
CD Player
Pioneer SX-205 stereo receiver
Four Infinity speakers, two small and two big
An Infinity center channel

The speakers and center channel were sold as part of a (very old, 1994) "surround sound" package that came with a receiver.

The receiver that came with the system died and we got the Pioneer receiver at a yard sale last year.

For the last year we've only had the four main speakers hooked up. Now, I want to try to get the center channel hooked up, too, but as far as I can tell there is only room for four speakers on the back of the receiver. Is that right, or am I missing something? Does the center channel hook up to something different? Or do I need to buy a new receiver?

Also, in what order do I hook up the parts? The receiver has only red and white "CD in" and "DVD in" in little ports on the back (the red aren't marked but I'm assuming they are "out" port); the DVD player has red, white and yellow ports and a red, white and yellow cable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Username: Dyslexicmadness

how do you set up with 4way stereo a/v selector with a old 1992 sony 19in -vcr-dvd-vcr help please thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us