Digital Research Scam in Orlando

people of the sun
Unregistered guest
I was at a race trac and these guys pulled up and asked me if wanted to buy these speaker towers which he wanted $1200 which they were marked 15 in a sound vision mag he showed me (said he worked there). He knew i didnt want em but i asked him about the Digital Research, Model : Dr-1000 platinum series,He showed were it says $1999.00 and that he installs them in big money houses and that his boss had accidentally overstocked one in the truck (white avelanch)and he didnt write it down or something, i asked him for a hundred on it cause thats all im good for ya know, he said no and i bought it for 300. it looks real nice and brand new but the control and the manual leads me to beleive it's way less. I read all those threads about the scam and there are some similar storys. I just bought it so i havent hooked it up or nothing, i think its worth 150, the speakers are real nice tho. alright

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 919
Been in the sun too long have you?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 602
what is a race trac??

tookie7155
Unregistered guest
its a gas station

Anonymous

Hey, garbage sellers! You likely love getting it in the back door shoot huh? So, I guess it doesn't bother you - Learn the word 'integrity' before you die, which I figure will happen sooner than you think, in the very least you'll recieve an asskicking.

Burke. You have my card, this time I'll give you the deal....

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 827
Talk about buying something of the back of a lorry?

Username: Bigalphaone2

USA

Post Number: 1
Fellas and Ladies...I picked up a TR-7000 from a computer store here in the Fort for $150.00. it came with a powered 10" sub and 5 additional speakers including a center....hooked it all up to a chezzy Fisher all-in-one w/sub output that I use for my computer's surround. Also I must mention I have my Dish TV running throught it also for watching movies and s**t....I don't care if the box said $2499.00.. these freaking things SOUND and LOOK GREAT!!!

I can't believe the BASS from the SUB it's AWESOME... the s**t sounds really good. As I said it's connected to my Media Centre PC and it slamms!!!

so if you don't know how to connect them e-mail me @ alex@bigalphaone.net and I will talk you thru it!

but please no matter how tech smart or tech not you are don't buy s**t from two guys in a truck unless you have them take them apart and show you the s**t on the inside.

even a lay person can tell when something has been fucked with.

so in essence, you don't have to be an audiophile to know what kinda sound you like. Don't b***h about being ripped off if you still have them in a freaking box in a closet or garage!

normlguy
Unregistered guest
I got scammed in Winter Park by two young guys saying they worked at Full Sail. Same story. Black expedition. $500 for a pair of tower speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 251
That's pretty bad.

Go to the Full Sail campus office and inform the staff there that there are white van speaker vendors impersonating as Full Sail staff selling speakers around the Winter Park area. They are tainting Full Sail's reputation with their tactics.

BTW, Full Sail does not use white van speakers and for good reason. White van speakers are garbage, especially for what the speakers are used for there.

As for buyers, do not buy from the back of a truck. Buy from an actual retailer with a physical store that's open to the public.

If you already bought from white vanners, then learn from your mistake and inform others about this.

If you are buying audio equipment, buy through research and auditioning, not from impulse. - Reinhart

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4438
There should be a dedicated forum for this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us