New Theater in New Construction

Username: Malonejmm

Laurel, MS USA

Post Number: 1
I am in the process of building a new house and my builder is CLUELESS about home theater. After a little research this system would be in a 30x30x12 room.

KLIPSCH
(3) KL-650-THX LCR
(2) KL-525-THX LCR
(2) KS-525-THX SURROUNDS
(2) KW-120-THX SUBS
(1) KA-1000-THX SUB AMP

INFOCUS
(1) ScreenPlay 777

DENON
(1) AVR-4806
(1) DVD-5910

STEWART FILM SCREEN
(1) SND135H-Stuido Tek 130

KALEIDESCAPE
(1) KS 3500 System
(12) Players

CRESTRON
WHOLE HOUSE SYSTEM

Is this a good system for the price level? What should be changed?

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 113
Wow, I don't mean to be condescending, but why, with the obvious amount of money your sinking into your HT, would you even consider allowing someone less than an expert design/build the room (or house for that matter).

In those same magazines you've perused for your equipment choices I'm sure you've seen the advice to have your HT room professionally designed. That is because the design, treatments, and component placement are very important issues for high end systems. You'd be better off to by an HTIB if this your direction. Poor acoustics can't be fixed by spending more on equipment.

Structured wiring and home automation are another area that should not be left to the ignorant (no disrespect to your builder). I've seen a number of systems reduced to maintenance headaches and lost dreams (and $$$) due to ill-advised installations.

You've done a good job with the gear, now do yourself a favor and get yourself some pro help so you can really enjoy your investment!

my 2¢
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us