Hitachi 65S700

Username: Seesofar

Post Number: 1
Just bought a Hitachi 65S700. I love the HD programing on this thing. Could someone tell me if an upscaling DVD player like the Samsung would benefit DVD's. I assume the Virtual HD on the television is already upconverting. I have the option of choosing between 1080i and 540P. I've tried different combinations between the player, progressive and interlaced, and the Hitachi, 1080i and 540P. Any advice would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1497
I'd recommend against the upscaling DVD players because they dont work. They upscale grain and flaws more than they do anything else. Plus, you must use the DVI connection for it to even attempt any upscaling, and most people use that connection for their HDSat/Cable, and not their low-def DVDs.

For now, watching dvds in 480p is about as well as you can do. Just make sure you have a progressive scan player, and you'll do just fine.

Dont worry though, because before too long, HD DVDs and players will be hitting the market.

Username: Seesofar

Post Number: 2
Thanks Paul, guess I'll wait for the new stuff.
On the Hitachi I'm noticing on a full white screen, a yellowish blotch just left of center. I've done the Magic Focus, but it doesn't help. You can also tell it a little with white letters that stretch across the screen. Is this a problem with the TV or just something that's normal. Thanks for the advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us