I have the following setup:
Hitachi Projection Color TV 53SWX01W,
Kenwood Audio Video Surround Receiver VR-507,
Kenwood Subwoofer SW-35HT,
Kenwood Speaker system KS-505HT,
Hitachi DVD Player DV-P315U,
Hitachi Video Deck VT-FX665A,
and a DIRECTTV Receiver DSX5500.
Can someone help me with the cable hookups?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1408
Steve,
You might want to start with your owners manuals. They have all the answers you need. It's really quite simple.

After you've read your directions and everything is connected, and there is a specific problem, I'd be more than happy to assist you with any troubleshooting.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 172
I cant find an image of your receiver available online, so its gonna be all text instructions:

S-video out of DVD player into Kenwood receiver's video 1 input.

S-video out of Sat box into Kenwood receiver's video 2 input.

S-video out of Hitachi VCR's out into kenwood receivers video 3 input.

S-video out of kenwood receivers Video Monitor out to Tv's video 1 input.

Analog audio (red and white rca cable) out of vcr's out into kenwood receivers video 3 red and white input.

Coaxial Digital cable (single rca cable) cable out of DVD's coax digital out into kenwood receivers DVD coax digital input.

Analog audio (red and white rca cable) out of Sat box into Kenwood receivers video 2 red and white input.

Sub-woofer pre out from kenwood receiver to subwoofers input.

Each system speaker Front left, front right, rear left, rear right and center to thier respective plug ins on receiver, make sure red output on receiver plugs to red input on speaker and likewise for black.

From this point on you will have to turn on the receiver to watch tv, dvd or vcr.

Place tv on input 1.

Turn all components on.

Select video 1 on kenwood receiver to see and hear dvd.

Select video 2 on receiver to see and hear Sat Box.

Select Video 3 on receiver to see and hear vcr.

If you want to be able to watch tv with the receiver turned off, install a threaded coax cable between the sat box's "tv out" post and the tv's "VHF/UHF in" post.

after doing this when you want to watch without home theater on, tune tv to channel 3 and use its speakers.

When you ready to use home theater again, put tv back on input 1.

Username: Steveq

Post Number: 2
Thanks Michael.. I will let you know how it goes. I am traveling this week and will try and set this up this weekend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us