Home Theater System

I am just staring to research a home theater system (receiver and speakers) and I was wondering if anybody can give me some suggestions on which models to look at and where to go to get some more info. I already have a sony wega tv and I am looking to get a dvd/receiver combo. It is not the biggest factor though. Mostly I am looking for something that is going to sound ok but nothing that is going to bust the bank or scare my neighbors. I am looking at spending under $ 750.00 in online dollars as I have found that there is usually a good 20% difference (cheaper online) between online prices and in store prices. Any info is greatly appreciated.

David

Are you portuguese? If you are it is hard to find dvd/receiver combo over here, i would advise to buy them separately, check out the dvd in www.unreal.pt which has code free, mp3, etc...,

Antonio

John Andrade
I agree with Antonio, buy them separately. (Portuguese, likewise).

Sorry, I am portuguese but my country is not. I live in Rhode Island.
Thanks

Joe Vandal
Have found that Consumer Reports can help sort through the myriad of choices out there.

Keith Wyatt
Check out the Kenwood HTB-504 or The Onkyo DS575 system however this don't come with speakers. The Kenwood system cost about 400.00 online and has good reveiws for a low end system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us