Sound Problems? tv to sony hts

Username: Manzaldo

Post Number: 1
I just bought a sony hts dav dx250. I can watch dvd's just fine, but I can't get the sound to work with normal tv channels.

I plugged in the a/v audio cord between the tv and the sony hts, and I get no sound from the hts.

Is there some type of setting on the sony hts, I read the manual and can't find any help.

How do i simply hookup the tv to play sound from the hts's speakers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frustrated in Cali - Matt

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 113
dont plug your equipment into the tv, plug it into your receiver.

Run digital audio cables from our dvd to your receivers Dvd input.

run analog a/v cables from your cable box (if you have one) or from your Tv audio out (if you dont) into the receivers tv input.

Run the monitor video output from your receiver to the tv unit.

Username: Manzaldo

Post Number: 2
can i use my hts with just a tv and the hts receiver. i tried to to plug in the a/v audio cables but my sony hts will only give my video or sat mode. how can i get sound from my tv to the hts.

thank in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 117
Again, use the TV audio out... you may have a "audio out" or a "variable out" or a "monitor out" or any 2 of the above.

run that out to the "video" mode of your reciver.

from that point you will have to enguage the sound field of your receiver to Dolby Surround...

Since you are not using a digital input, you cannot receive DTS or "true surround sound"... you will have to get a processed dolby logic sound from your analog source.

Sony does not offer a downloadable manual for your particular system, so i cant give more specific instructions.

Anonymous

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-find.pl?mdl=dav%20dx250
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us