Onkyo HT-S670: Optimize Sound Output

Bronze Member
Username: Mvyvoda

Post Number: 20
Greetings,

I purchased the Onkyo HT-S670 recently (i'm a n00b). I have noticed when watching movies on my XBox when people are talking it's quiet, when music/non-talking it's too loud; causing me to constantly change the volume up/down.

Can anyone suggest what settings I need on my system to optimize this occuring. I also realize the XBox DVD Player is contributing to this but figured that changing the receivers settings would at least help a little.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 107
Are you using digital output from your X box or analog? If you are using analog you will want to buy the xbox adapter that provides a optical digital output.

Past that point, make sure you are listening in DTS mode. from that point all voices will come from the center channel speaker.

You can then adjust the center channel speakers level relative to the system by pressing "CH Lvl" on your remote and using the up and down arrows to adjust.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
great! thanks michael for your quick response! i am pretty sure i am using analog, i'll look for that adapter and figure out how to get DTS mode!

i appreciate your help.

thanks,
mark

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i received the AV cable today, but it didn't come with a digital output cable (TosLink?). Do i need to get that to get better quality, or can i just use the cables it came with (s-video, and those red, white, yellow cables)?

thanks,
mark

Silver Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 133
You need to use either an optical digital, or coaxial digital cable.

Toslink is a tad expensive for what you are using it for, but it will work just fine.

http://store.a2zcable.com/avhd-3.html

http://store.a2zcable.com/acmp1-3.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us