Using TV speaker as Centre Speaker With Denon AV

Anonymous

I have a Philips Flat TV 42PF9966179 and a Denon AVR-1803. The TV speaker can be setup as the center speaker the problem are the connectors. The TV has a single RCA connector (Centre IN). The Denon has two screw in speaker connectors (Red and Black) and bare wires can be screwed. How can I connect this up? The TV manual does not show the diagram behind the AVR-1803

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 56
The 1803 is one series number too low to have the surround line output.

You will either have to upgrade your receiver or buy a center channel. since your tv has internal speakers only and no ext jacks you cant run them with your amps speaker level without opening the case :-(

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1200
You'll be much happier with a dedicated center channel speaker anyway, so no harm done. Most center channel speakers will be mountains better than "TV speakers".

Username: Jwr

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 1
I have an older AIWA AV-D50 digital surround sound system that uses speaker wire to connect to the center, front, and rear channels. I am attempting to connect it to a Toshiba 42-inch TheatreWide rear projection unit, which can utilize its built-in speaker as the center channel. Unfortunately, the input on the monitor is RCA, so I bought an adapter to run the center channel from the speaker-wire connection on the receiver into an RCA audio cable, but there is alot of noise in the center channel when it runs through the TV and all of the other speakers completely lose signal. I know they are hooked up b/c I ran test tone from the DVD player, but as soon as I hit the switch to run the center through the TV, they go silent. I tried adjusting the receiver so that less level would go to the center and more to the rest, but that didn't do it; any thoughts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us