Help Please, Sony Digital decoding problems!

Username: Headparrot

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony DE475 receiver and a Sony DVPS575P DVD player. The DVD player is hooked up via coax cable. I set up the DVD player to have digital output and have the receiver set on automatic decoding. Problem is that I can't get it to always go to dolby digital when it should. For example, I put in the DVD "Concert for George Harrison", push play, and the receiver goes into 5.1 dolby digital sound with 3 front speakers and 2 rear....no problem. Take that DVD out and put in the move "Cellular", make sure that audio options are set in DVD menu for 5.1, hit play WITHOUT MAKING ANY OTHER ADJUSTMENTS TO DVD PLAYER OR RECEIVER and the receiver goes into Prologic mode, showing only 3 front speakers and 1 center surround speaker. I have poured through both manuals, but I can't figure this out and I am starting to get frustrated. Can some kind soul help me out here?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1144
Double check your 'Cellular' soundtrack, and make sure it's recorded in 5.1.

Goto the DVD audio setup menu, and verify that 5.1 is activated. Maybe by some fluke, 2.1 is the default soundtrack, and you need to manually change it to the 5.1 track.

Username: Headparrot

Post Number: 2
Thx. I got it figured out. Thought I had my dvd player set up correctly but I still had it on Surround sound, rather that dolby digital. Now sounds great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us