Please help

Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 4
i want you guys to tell me what to buy...I just want a system im happy with...not too much money now..college kid

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 749
What are your requirements? Are you seeking av system including tv and DVD player?

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 11
Sorry kid, there is no 200 dollar end all problems system out there.

If you are really interested you can do what i did.

Find a theater going out of business. Buy a set of old, disfunctional speakers from them, in my case Altec Lansing A-7's the originals... not the new re-issue. i paid 1400 bucks for mine, working an odd job at age 14. woofers were kicked in and speakers totaly disassembled.. sent em back to the factory and had them completely remanufactured for 375 bucks and built custom 3 chamber tuned cases to replace the horn loaded woofer (mahogany)... built my own crossovers and set rheostats to level horn output relative to system.

Past that initial investment I have added a Def Tech super-cube 12 and even with an elevated floor my whole domicile is filled with sound at nominal volume from a 100 watt denon amp.

Crappy speakers will always sound crappy, no matter what you drive them with, make an initial investment in serious speakers and every upgrade you make in your life will be a noticeable improvment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us