Speaker Package for $700

Username: Alamoe

Post Number: 1
Anyone have any suggestions on a good surround speaker package including sub for around $700-$800?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 332
try the Athena Micra 6 system, only thing I didn't like is the subwoofer, adequate, but not impressive. Probably the only weak link in this system. The JBL SCS series are also good, strong point is the sub but some details are missing in the satellites.
What receiver are you using?
cheers

Post Number: 2
I was also looking at the Energy 5.2 system as well as the Polk 6700. It looks like I will have actually 1G to spend after doing a little thinking. I am using an older SONY reciever which will get upgraded also, the model number is DE445. But I am going to do the spearkers first. Any suggestions on the two surround systems I am thinking about?

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
I like the Energy system better than the Polk 6700. Better sound quality overall, more detailed than the Polks.

Post Number: 3
I would get the Athena and a Velodyne sub since I can get one for pretty cheap...Its pretty much a toss up between the Energys and the Athena.

Post Number: 4
I will also will be using this to listen to music so I am trying to take that into consideration also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
the Athena with the Velodyne sub is a pretty good combination with music and HT.
The Athenas are made by the same folks that make Energy and Mirage speakers, API, if that's worth anything ;-)

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us