Speakers Selector for Main Speakers??? Please Help

Username: Marteken

Guayaquil, Guayas Ecuador

Post Number: 1
Hi, i'm setting up my home theater. I have a HK AVR-235 7.1 receiver. I have 3 other zones where I want to deliver audio so I'm planning to add a speaker selector for those zones coming from the front speakers of the receiver.

But what about when I'm playing audio on the other zones and I don't want to listen to it in the main speakers connected to the receiver? (4 surround speakers, 1 central, 2 front) Is ther any device I can connect in the middle of the receiver and the main speakers? something like a speaker selector for those speakers?

If there is an option, which brand and device do you recommend?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Martin

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3895

You can place a speaker on/off switch in line with your surround system's speakers. What brand and model are dependent upon what you have available to you. A simple on/off switch doesn't require a recommendation.

Bronze Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 95
Martin, What you want is something like an Atlas Sound ASL-6A switch.
http://www.atlassound.com/techLib/SLSheets/SL4.2011.PDF

This is a 6 zone speaker selector for around $200. The ASL is rated at 70w/ch which covers your 50w/ch of the AVR-235 easily. It comes with dual source capability and individual pair switching. Additionally, you get impedance matching to prevent damaging overload to your amplifier. (Don't do "simple on/off" switches!)

Since I am not familiar with the controls of the Harmon receiver you will have to investigate the method by which you turn off the surrounds, such as Stereo Mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us