Amplifier Question

Chris Yasick
Unregistered guest
I've gotten good help here before, so hopefully I can solve this problem. I have a Denon AVR-1602, and have the L/R outputs going to my two old passive subs, and my front speakers connected to those. I have an Onkyo M282 amplifier, and can connect the subs to the inputs, but I am wondering how to connect the outputs to my receiver. My Denon has ext. in inputs, but when I used them no sound came out of the subs/fronts. Can anyone help? I am hoping to use the amp to boost the power since 2 speakers share the same connection.

Unregistered guest
I am wondering if it would be ok to hook up 6 ohm speakers (10" woofer + 4" tweeter in each Technics box) to a JVC amp which has a 'Caution' on the back stating 'Rated Speaker Impedance 8 ohms'. I won't fry the amp or anything will I?

john m
Unregistered guest
Jon, Yes you can blow fuses in the amp doing this. Unfortunately JVC amps don't have a low impedance mode. Check the inside of the amp. If the fuses are changable then buy some extras and replace them when they blow. If they are sodered in place then it's a costly fix if you blow them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us