Not getting any picture

Username: Tuacamo

Kansas city, Missouri Usa

Post Number: 4
I have the following:

Time Warner DVR cable box: Has fiber optic input, RGB input, and red,yellow,white input, s-video, as well as Coaxial cable in (from the wall) and coaxial cable out.

Yamaha receiver (HTR-5860): Has every input/output imaginable, although no coaxial cable.

Panasonic TH-42PWD7UY plasma monitor. Only has RGB connection, and S-video connection, along with red/white video inputs on back of monitor.

Toshiba DVD: has S-video, fiber optic, and RGB inputs.

I have the RGB going directly from DVD to TV. Optical from DVD to receiver, and also optical from cable box to receiver.

S-video going directly from cable box to TV. I get sound on both DVD setting from receiver, as well as DVR/Cable sound from receiver but I am getting NO picture from the TV. It keeps showing no signal. Menu appears with several choices, but no image from cable or DVD.

Do I have the connections hooked up right? Should I be running something from the coaxial cable out from the cable box to either the receiver or TV?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 966
It sounds like you have your audio and DVD hooked up right. I have no Idea why you arent getting picture for your DVDs. Double check you have your TV turned to the correct input, and it should work.

As for your cable box, sometimes those s-vhs ports need to be manually activated on your TV. Sometimes all it means is flicking a switch on the back of the TV, or going to your menus.

I recommend eliminating s-vhs cable because it it's an inferior cable if you intend to view HD programming. You should use component cables to connect your TV to the cablebox because it's a much higher quality connection.

good luck

Username: Tuacamo

Kansas city, Missouri Usa

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the advice Paul. I am going to get a VGA to RGB converter to run from the cable box to the TV and see if that works, and I will also check the menu settings on my display. I appreciate the advice. steve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us