Need advice on the speakers from the white van guys

Username: Houstonchump

Post Number: 1
Hello every I fell for the trap of the van guys in Houtson TX near china town. Two mexican's driving in a beatup black astro van. I'm just glad they weren't stolen goods and HPD aint gonna be knocking on my door. Paid $300 for a pair of TR-2830 it has 2 tweeters 2 mid range and one sub on each tower. Sounds decent at least with my old receiver. I do have some questions though I have seen a couple of posts of people saying they do use their speakers.
My question is this how do I get mine setup to work properly. There are four connections in the back two red two black. They are screw down if you remove the entire metal cap the connection underneath has a hole in it there is a plate that connects (that falls off if you losen both) the two blacks and the two reds. I put my wires into the top black and red set and it worked fine. Then I tried the bottom set and that worked fine also. So I dont think it is for parallel. When I say fine I can hear the mid range very clearly the tweeters I can barely hear over the mid range and I can sorta hear when the subs hit more feel than hear. As for loudness it is deffinitely loud first time I cranked it up my neighbors knocked on the door to see what I was doing no real distortion that I can hear no cracking no static sounds. I've heard some good sounding stereo's before my Uncle's a audio geek has a very nice setup with some harman kardon's and some german stuff that I dont think is in prodouction anymore. So I think the sound is pretty good not as good as my uncle's but good enough for $300.
When I opened up the panal to the connecters there was a board attached with the all diffrent kinds of wires attached and plus some other stuff (one particular thing was something the size of a nine volt battery with bare copper wire around it). I'm thinking that I just dont have enough juice to push all five speakers(only tested one tower at a time).
So here's the questions why are there two sets of connections? And how do I use these two sets? Second if my hunch is correct about not having enough juice to push all of the speakers. Then what should I get to try and push them? (I have a very very old Technics still has vacuum tubes in it got it from my grandpa)
The speakers in the tower are all pretty heavy the tweeters were I'd say 7~10 lbs, mid range were around 10 ~ 15 lbs, sub around 20~25 lbs. So I would say the only thing that isn't worth it is the sub way too light for a ten inch sub.
The case is built pretty solid made out of composite board with cheery vaneer skin on the outside. The tweeters and mid range are encased into their own compartment in the tower with the rest of the tower left to be a box for the sub and it is ported which doesn't really make sense cause they put cotton gauze in the entire case including the seperate compartment for sound dampening. Anyways I am kicking my own a$$ for falling for the impluse/greed buy. And dont want to bother my uncle about this cause I can just hear the lecturing that will ensue(asian family thing). So any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 346
dude check all the threads that are really long right now they are all about the same thing

Post Number: 2
I did read through most of them they haven't been very helpful. Mostly bashing and threat of physical violence to the people that sell them. I'm just trying to get them to work properly. Anyone other ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 780
Try using the old technics with tubes - if the sound is not good, you can get onkyo 8511 receiver on ebay for $160.

Connect the top red to red on the receiver, the top black to black on the receiver.

If you are happy with the sound, then $300 is not too much to lose for it - some have spent as much as a new car on audio, and still not happy.

If you want to get a good CD player, try a NAD one on ebay - make sure to talk to the seller about the working status of it, and make sure the seller is trust-worthy.

Don't feel so bad - we live and learn, and the speakers must be worth something to you - if you like them.

Post Number: 3
thanks lee for the info. I'll see if it helps. I'm still convinced that it has to be something wrong with how they wired the board in the speaker. Guess I'll have to risk it and yank one out and see if I can try and fix it. Or just make one myself. Time to dust off those old circuit books I have in the corner.

Username: Lvelaa

Houston, Tx USA

Hey my husband just bought the rt2830 speakers for the same amount. They did not come with connections. They have 4 bolts that have screaw attachment when you take off bolt. What type of connections do you use for the speakers

Post Number: 4
you have to have actual speaker wire as in just plain wire not the ones that have av heads and such. If you have a stereo system that doesn't have somewhere you can stick plain wire. A cheap way I would try is to just get regular av cable. Have one end that connects to your stereo system. Then on the other end cut the heads off and strip them so that you have a length of bare wire. Stick the wires in where the holes are and screw the bolts back on. You should be able get sound this way. As for what kind of wire you should get, I guess it just depends on what kinda system you have. You wont get anywhere near what would be in audio heads standards good sound but it's cheap and it's simple. I know it's not much help. But maybe someone else has some better solutions. Since if you really want to make the speakers work properly. You would probally have to change the connection plate and board out anyways maybe you can get something that has av connections or something better. Although that will either require you to do some techincal work or cost a pretty penny for you to get someone else to do it for you. Unless someone else has some better solutions that's all the advice I can give.

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
LOOKS LIKE A COUPLE OF HAPPY CUSTOMERS. BARE WIRE WILL WORK. HERES A TRICK FOR YOU CUSTOMERS, SAVE YOUR BOXES AND PACKAGING.MAYBE YOULLE FIND A GUY THAT WILL TRADE A NEW SET FOR YA, IF SOMETHING DONT WORK. WE LOVE CUSTOMERS THAT ARE COOL----COOL LIKE SPEAKER GUYS.

Post Number: 5
Yeah whatever a****** next time I see one of you guys I will give you one warning AFTER I call the cops. The guy I dealt with knew he was doing wrong. He told me the truth in the end. I bought them anyways cause I needed the speakers. And he looked like he was down on his luck. So when you really look at yourself in the mirror. And you get that nagging feeling in your chest. You know you are doing wrong and you'll get yours.

Username: Lsuguy

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE INFO ON THE GUYS SCAMMING IN BATON ROUGE.....A BLUE MINIVAN SELLING THEATER LOGIC SPEAKERS....PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
HEY THATS ORIGINAL-''I'LL CALL THE COPS'' IF SOMETHING NEEDED TO BE DONE, THAN SOMTHING WOULDVE CHANGED BY NOW. THINK ABOUT IT-EVERYBODY WANTS A DEAL. AND COPS LOVE OUR SPEAKERS. WE'LL GIVE EM A PAIR FOR A DISCOUNT, AND SOMEONE ELSE THROW IN 'TWENTY FOR BEER' DOLLARS TO COVER THE LOSS. WE LOVE ALL YOU BUYERS. YOU GUYS SELL YOURSELF. HA HA

Post Number: 6
whatever you a****** just get off my thread

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
tripple set ????????? who are you?
Relax, you make more money in a week than they do all mo.They think because we play the part(actors)-Down on our luck lol-
So when i tell you that none of us are down on are luck,just a little bad attitude sometimes sets us back,but always to rebound off of just 1 good sale. (LIKE YOU):-)
Now i know this is your thread and i will respect that,but i must come to Tripple sets defence.What we do is leagal!Ask youself how could something so organized not be? We are on every concinent on this grate planet and in every city with a pulse.So if you dont like our selling tactics,brush up on your morals and quit trying to sale the salesman. Remember YOU and YOU alone assumed they were stolen,and though you were ripping off some (boss) lol HEY i have a pink bridge for sale.........$1000.00 + beer cash. Come on you can not be that new?You alsoo know your audio. So you have to admit,what you paid is a smoking deal.

So relax and grab a bevrage of choice and pop in a movie and enjoy the sound.

TO all a good night S.T.F.O

PALERMO VA 6.1 is mine look me up.Ask Glenn,he knows me preety good.$50 EA ON A HUNDRED OR MORE. ALL WELCOME

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
sold ya-

Username: Turnkey

Roseville, CA United States

Post Number: 9
Glitjader... Don't let that low life get you down. We have all done something stupid in our life. He will get his don't worry, always happens in the end. We had a creep like him here and he tried to scam the wrong guy, ended up with a trip to the local hospital for a few weeks, had his vehicle stolen and lost all of his goods. he couldn't complain to the police because of all the law's he was breaking, not to mention evading the IRS on all the money. I see this every day and believe me, it's only a matter of time. If I didn't have respect for the Laws I enforce I could trace the bum through this forum right to his computer. But he is not worth the effort. His type die of a disease that is not at all uncommon, called stupidity.

Jesse

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
DUDE I KNOW THIS JESSE GUY IN CALI.HE WANTED SPEAKERS BAD, BUT HE WANTED TO WRITE CHECK=I WOULDNT DO IT. THAN HE SAID HE'LL DO BALZINCHINS FOR THE SPEAKERS AND HE GOT A FOOT IN THE CHUTE AND ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL. DUDE, IT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT.

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
HEY GUY! WANT SOME SNEAKERS FOR YOUR MOUTH?
HOW ABOUT FOR A DEALDO SHLEPROCK.?
I'M A F#$KIN MILLIONARIE. SEE MY SMILE? EAR TO EAR BABY.
AND I'M ALL LIQUID.
GREED IS GOOD, GREED IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND.
MY MOM DONT LIKE WHAT I;M DOIN',,,F.U. MOM. SEE THE SMILE ON HER FACE WHEN I MAKE HER LEXUS PAYMENT.
YOU KNOW WHO LOVES WHAT WE DO? RICH PEOPLE. THEY KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE A HUSTLER BABY.
I LOVE DOIN MY LAUDRY, AND I FIND A 100.00 BILL THAT I WASNT MISSING.
MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY...........MONEY!

Bronze Member
Username: Turnkey

Roseville, CA United States

Post Number: 18
triple Set, your're just some lame nobody without a pop to piss in. If you was half what you claim to be you wouldn't be on this board tring to pump up your ego. Just another low life sucking hind tit and flashing his bling. Get a life sucker.

Speakerman101
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com
The ultimate street hustle.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
lol so it seems there are some playerhaters!!
well Jesse, lets compare w2 and see who is the flea.
I make more money in a day than you do in a 2 week pay period! WHY you ask... because you settle for second best, you wish you could have it all,but do nothing to get it.
But dont worry i will hire you and make you $50,000 to $100,000 a year selling speakers out of the back of a van. WHAT you to good to do that? Like i said how can there be winners like myself and Speakerman 101 and triple set without loosers like you. dont hate! (CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM)
I will make your wife love you again,when you put that 4000sq house in her name, or send your kids to private school, or pay for your 500 sl.
So again i must tell you shut up or get up your choice.UNTILL the next ATM CYA SOON S.T.F.O

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
Also jesse wanna be bad a s s come find me plz! IN
L.A Names in the phonebook 16 vans running here
I think you are full of SH it JUST like the other 5000 units ive sold in the last 4 mo. you all thought you were ripping off my guys hahahaha you suck lol

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
AND I HAVE BUIS LIC PEDDLERS PERMIT AND PAY THE IRS MORE THAN YOU MAKE IN A YEAR PLUS COUNTY STATE AND LOCAL TAXES LOL LOL TOLD YOU< U CAN NOT STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 lawers on payroll u rookie :-)

ThinRedLine
Unregistered guest
I ran into some "white van" speaker scumbags last spring in a Fry's parking lot and since I knew all about this scam I decided to play along; had a blast! I was acting like I was buying their sad sob story and wanted to get a deal off of some speaker that were supposed to have been lifted on the docks of the Houston Port, asked a lot of questions that I knew the answers to and tried to keep from laughing at their replies. I flashed some cash but before I bought said that I wanted to see one out of the box, and these white trash idiots pulled out this crappy thing they tried to call a subwoofer. I told them that I had some experience with Home Audio and the best way to tell if a driver was quality was to give it a pressure test, as they were asking what is a pressure test I put my fist through the driver, swung the sub over my head and smashed it on the ground. You should have seen the looks on their faces! One of the two punks got all upset and tried to get in my face and that's when I put my fist in his face, a nice upercut to the jaw that sent him reeling back and slamed into the van door, damaging it also, before he hit the ground. The other guy had this wild look on his face so I decided it was time to take him out - a front kick, also to the jaw, did the trick quite nicely and knocked him out cold. About this time the first turd was almost back on his feet so I planted a round-house kick to his solar-plexus and he was down for the count. I then proceded to take out the drivers on the two other towers they had out for display before calling it a day and left them there on the ground surrounded by broken crappy speaker parts, got in my car and laughed my butt off as I drove away, I have not kicked this much butt since Okinawa!

So tell me Nickyfrmvegas, how much money do you think they made that day, minus the medical bills cause I swear I felt on of their jaws crack as I was laying them out? Do you give your scammen medical coverage? Too bad they were not armed as I have a conceled carry permit and would have loved to introduce them to my .357 mag that I always have with me.

LeatherNeck1
Unregistered guest
The last time I saw some white van speaker scammen I put my fist through a pair of their crappy demo speakers before putting putting my foot in their face; ended up taking both guys out.

How much money do you think they made that day Nickyfrmvegas? Do you provide Medical Coverage? Do you sell speakers to 6'2" & 225 lb guys who hate scam artist and love kicking butt too?

By the way I make a 6 figure salery by using my brains, not scamming people so before you go off braging about how much money you scam people out of remember there are many who make what you make look like pocket change; I wast more money than you make in a year punk.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Here is the final point.

White van speakers are junk, period. There are countless reviews and complaints confirming this fact from "satisfied" customers online. There are some webpages that also have links to examples and technical examinations of white van speakers.

Despite what anyone says, I've had chances to seriously review these speakers and they are substandard, period.

Other speaker technicians that I've consulted say the exact same thing about these speakers consistently. These things are worthless junk, and that's that.

They do not have good frequency response and range.

They do not have good efficiency.

Some examples are known to have very bad impedence curves, which risks amplifiers.

The parts quality are the lowest known to man.

The level of engineering that's used is merely to get the speaker to make sound as opposed to doing that job properly.

The primary fact is that these speakers are represented to the customer as high performance and very expensive audio equipment. This is supposed to push the buyer towards buying the speaker for the price that the seller suggests, which is less than the MSRP but still more than what the speaker is actually worth.

Another valid point is that vastly better speakers from known brands sold by reputable stores can usually be purchased for **LESS** than what is typically paid to buy white van speakers, which makes the white van deal even more of a ripoff.

Attempts to justify the sale of white van products or sidestep the issue are merely attempts to alter the focus of the debate and are irrelevant.

The conclusion: White van speakers are junk that's hugely misrepresented to be more than what they actually are and should be completely avoided.

The solution: Save your money and buy better speakers from a decent store, sometimes for less than what white van speakers sell for. - Reinhart

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
lol STORY

act 1
buyer; I KICKED ALL THERE A S S

SPEAKER GUY; I ONLY SOLD YOU FOR $1000

OFFICER; do you want tp press charges

SPEAKER GUY; YES PLUS I WANT TO SUE THEM FOR THEIR WELLFAIR MONEY :-)

OFFICER; OK SCUMBAG YOU TRIED TO HUSTLE THE HUSTLER>>>>> YOU UNDER ARREST!!!!

so to answer your question, NO i will not pay your medicail.

aND I TO HAVE A CWP..OR BETTER KNOW AS A CCW.
i SEE YOU HAVE A GOOD TASTE IN GUNS, I TOO CARRY A 357! want to come out and play lolololol

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Your use of deadly force must always be a last resort. A concealed carry permit does not grant you a right to fire your weapon at any time. If it's found that the situation did not warrant the use of deadly force, it will be YOU who will serve time for attempted murder, or bonafide murder if the shooting resulted in an unjustified homicide. The only exception to this rule is the "castle doctrine" inside your domicile, where retreat is not an option against an intruder.

In the case of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law, you must still prove that life and limb of yourself and those you are responsible for were in imminent danger to justify use of deadly force; it's just that you don't have to retreat first and risk, let's suppose, being stabbed in the back by a bum brandishing a knife with the intention to injure you with it. (Which is why the Brady bunch protesting against this law is such a stupid proposition.)

If you must use your weapon in self defense as a last resort, always be aware of what's behind the target. You are solely responsible for every shot that's fired and where your bullets go.

As for a personal carry weapon, a .357 Magnum isn't as good a choice as a semi auto using a semi auto pistol using .45 ACP 230 grain jacketed hollow point cartridges. Plus, a semi auto pistol will allow for quicker reloads and higher cartridge capacity than a revolver. The advantages of a revolver over a semi-auto pistol are simplicity and reliability, but that's about it.

The only benefit of a .357 Magnum revolver in self-defense use is that you can fire .38 cartridges with that pistol. Any Magnum cartridge is overkill for personal defense.

For close quarters self-defense, you need the largest slug you can get, plus you must use a cartridge that will help to limit penetration so the slug does not go through your target and pose a hazard to innocent bystanders but still not be ineffective in causing incapacitating damage, hence the preference for .45 ACP JHP. The .45 is a large slug that's slower compared to something like the smaller 9MM parabellum, so it's a good choice for personal defense. If your .45 pistol is an M1911A1 type, it must be throated by an experienced gunsmith, if necessary, to ensure consistently reliable feeding performance with soft ammunition. You do not want a stovepipe failure in the middle of a firefight, nor would you want to use a full metal jacketed cartridge for a firefight in a civilian area due to risk of overpenetration and causing collateral damage.

Furthermore, you'd better be a good shot. Your hits must not only count, but you have to be able to hit the right spot to bring about incapacitation. Otherwise, your target may still be able to get you before he goes down. A pistol is certainly effective, but it has its limits. The idea of instant incapacitcation at any point of impact and massive stopping power from a pistol that is able to launch people backwards are Hollywood myths that do not happen in real life. Instant incapacitation will only occur if your hit causes injury to your target's nervous system. A pistol with stopping power that can propel your target backwards forcefully will also have more than sufficient recoil to propel the shooter backwards towards the ground as well.

In addition, it is a tactical advantage never to inform others that you carry concealed in any way whatsoever. This includes having bad concealment, which would be the case if your pistol is allowed to bulge through your clothes.

Posting on a public forum is all well and good as long as you don't reveal your identity and location. But remember, if an attacker knows you're armed, he may make the first move behind your back to put you down before you have the chance to defend yourself with your pistol.

And, if you carry concealed, you'd better be properly trained for it and practice practical drills daily. Otherwise, all you are is a bumbling idiot with a gun.

You fight like you train, meaning that if your training and practice aren't good, your ability to use your weapon effectively will be nonexistent. Your use of your sidearm would then be downright dangerous to everyone in your range, including yourself. - Reinhart

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
Thanks!!!

Grew up in VEGAS. Been carying a gun since 1992. NEVER have had to pull it(thank god)
GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING

mcjr
Unregistered guest
why do people hate on speaker hustlers soooo much? do they wish that they had the linguistic skillz, or is it that they are self employeed and make their own hours, or is that once an area gets douched (las vegas) they can move out to another city, state or even country? hey ive sold the TR brand for years and i still have a pair of 15" club monitors that i have pounded since 1999 almost seven years ive just blown out recievers not the speakers. But know i have gotten into a real scam called the mortgage industry i screw people out of tens of thousand of dollars in equity but im smart i dont charge more that 5.99 in points ie section 32 loans dont want to get taken down by the fbi but i have sold a lame pos such as your selves a 12.25% intrest when they quallified for a 7.005% so tell me know who are the real scamsters the guys that sell quality home theater systems a extremelly discounted price out of a $5000 van or the the guys in $5000 suits, that work in the skyscrappers in Irvine,Ca were all mortgage companies that you call to buy or refinance a home are located. so please get off these guys nuts oh yeah if you want to refi call me. sometimes i wounder how many retards have bought speakers and refinanced thew me. you stupid mother fu!kers " hey gey want a di!do for the mouth?" oh I mean want any spearkers for the house? oh yeah if any one wants to refi just ask and ill gladlly give you the phone number to my office i probably wont answer but my hot piece of arsh assistant will.

mcjr
Unregistered guest
oh yeah i was reading on some of the posts of people that break speakers and sapposedlly beat up on speaker guys. im a white man that is 5 ft 10" tall and i weigh 160 pounds im a pretty small dude but i have had guns and knifes pulled on me before and i have disarmed them using a move that my Vietnam Vet uncle taught me and slamemed tha spic down and pounded his head with the passanger side door of my 2001 GREEN CHEVY ASTRO VAN and on another occassion i had a an angry white trash pos in Fontana, CA talk sh!t and got in my face while i was still in the van, not smart all i did was swing the door open and smash his teeth threw his lips may be knocked a few out who knows who cares about those FLEAS... and on the occasion that it was more than one person trying to rip me me ie jack speakers one time on the 210 in passadena i chased a some spics in their scion xb hit thier rear bumper a few times and sent them into a freeway sound wall when the tried to out monuver the good ole astro well worht the 60 bucks to watch that wish i could have got that on video spics probably didnt have insurence that if that car wasnt stollen. dont underestamate the astro van shes a big heavy srong b!tch, sometimes when im siting in my office i wish i was still out their slingin sets to gooks niggs spics and white trash in fontucky lol. but then i remember saturday and sunday i can still go sell the f!ck out!

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 49
I'm surprised that you weren't arrested as well, ramming your van into a car, regardless of the reason. Your actions, assuming that this event did happen, could've potentially risked far more lives than just yourself and the people who stole from you. Would you like to live with the possibility that you could've claimed the lives of others who weren't involved? Such irresponsibility and recklessness of both yourself and the person who stole from you.

As for getting it on video, did it ever occur to you that the police would've confiscated it and used it against you if you had it and they knew about it? Granted, the guys in the Scion stole from you, but that doesn't excuse assault with a deadly weapon (your van), reckless driving, and reckless endangerment.

You could've just simply got the license plate number and called the cops. Remember, your occupation isn't illegal, right?

As for successfully repulsing an attack against you from someone who pulled a gun or a knife unprovoked, good for you. You acted in your own defense in this case against someone using weapons irresponsibly. - Reinhart

mcjr
Unregistered guest
i know who Nicky is but who is Tripple set? just a first name would do dont want ya gettin harrased by these douchbags although i read your post and it seems that you enjoy it later. and too Reinhart dude if i would have hit some one else that would have been my reponsibility and anyone that the SPICS hit would have been their reponsibility and they made the Flea Bag choice of theivery and i cant stand thieves/fleas.

mcjr
Unregistered guest
The only speaker guys i cant stand are the new ones. not all of them just the ethnics who ever got the gooks and spics that ive seen a glens into this should be shot. havent seen niggas yet but the cops probably respond when douch bags call in and say they are stollen. This used to be the white mans biz.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
lol

kipis a pillow biter
Unregistered guest
that kip guy is a friggin idiot. gosh. the retard has to say something about everything. guns, speakers, cars. what a friggin know it all.if he spent as much time on a real life as he does on these boards he might not be such a worthless s.o.b weasel.

Bronze Member
Username: Dobyblue

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
They are bi-wired. If you're just using regular cable then keep the plate on that bridges the top and bottom connectors and plug them into the bottom, if you have a bi-amp terminated cable than remove the plate and plug all four into the speakers.
For example, Ultralink's Excelsior 2.4 cable plugs into your left and right output on your receiver and ends in four connectors for your speaker.
Here's a picture of the cable I'm talking about - you can see that one end has two connectors, the other has four.
http://images.marketworks.com/fullView.asp?id=8551513&fc=0&img=http://images.auc tionworks.com/hi/47/47441/im001991.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us