That Yelling sound effect!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 22
Now that the circle is closed, and "Star Wars episode 3 revenge of the sith" was the darkest episode next to the "Star Wars episode 5 the empire strikes back" it wont be long before episode 3 is on DVD and a second DVD "Star Wars" box-set I believe is in the planning stages, better look good and sound good, and please no more messing around with the film mix "Skywalker sound" some 6 versions of Star Wars episode 4 are out there Mono mix for monaural houses, Dolby stereo A type with surround, 70mm six-track Dolby stereo left center right with baby boom and mono surround.

"Star Wars" definitive collection THX laserdisc Dolby surround 1992
"Star Wars" special edition Dolby digital with stereo surrounds 1997
"Star Wars" DVD box-set Dolby digital surround-EX 2004

And the all sound totally different and where's that dialogue panning gone with Carrie fisher with the Ewok!

And that sound effect vocal yelling the one that I have been hearing for the best part of 20 years plus now, it's been used in "Willow" "Lord of the rings the two towers" "Return of the Jedi" and

Sony DVD DVP-S336
"Return of the Jedi" 00h:31m:39s and 00h:31m:40s Luke Skywalker strikes guy on the Jabber barge with his lightsabber, and the guy "yells" and falls into the sand pits monsters mouth.

Sony DVD DVP-S336
"Willow" 00h:51m:10s and 00h:51m:11s the house and cart chase madmartgan throws a weapon at the horse and cart and the guy "yells"

Pioneer DVD DV-525
"Lord of the rings the two towers" 129m: 48s and 129m: 49s attack on the castle man leaps from the left side of the screen with a "Yelling" sound the same one as used time and time and time and time again, can't they come up with a new sound!

And if any one as noticed it, good on you, if you haven't that's some pair of ears you got, if any one from "Skywalker sound" is reading this then I guess you know what I'm talking about..."Yell"!

Ashley former cinema projectionist for UCI and Warner village cinemas UK

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 33
Someone found that yelling sound effect, for me on anther forum site it's called "The Wilhelm Scream" and hear it is,

http://www.hollywoodlostandfound.net/wilhelm/

This sound effect as been used in about hundred films and it mostly comes up in the "Star Wars" films "willow" "raiders of the lost ark" etc and god knows how many more.

So hope this hasn't got to you, an it has me for the past 28 years, heavens above!

Ashley
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us