Help plz no DTS sound

Shub
Unregistered guest
have an older kenwood vr-407 receiver. It has dolby digital and dts decoder, but for some reason I can't get it to go to dts only dolby digital. If I go into the menu options on a dvd and choose dts, I have no sound. I use a monster digital coaxial cable. Any suggestions?

Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
What DVD player are you running, it by will be the DVD player as some will not work on some AVR, as I have encountered this problem before, when I first got Gladiator on DVD I only had the millennium DTS 2,4,6 decoder and a Dolby digital decoder only with my old Dolby pro for Dolby stereo films.

Any way that's a brief description of my set-up 1999, it's a whole lot different now, what you should try is ask a friend if he can bring his DVD player over to you home and do an A&B test to see if it works on your Kenwood AVR...

If it does then the DVD player you have is in order for change, if it doesn't work, then the DTS decoder on the Kenwood AVR is funny?

I am running the Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select...

Good luck

Ash...

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 329
Some (maybe all) DVD players require you to go into their audio setup menu and enable dts. Otherwise, it will default to DD, even when you select dts on the disc's audio setup menu.

Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 9
JOHN S
That is true about the default mode, how ever there are some stange DVD players on the market, that just don't mate well with some AVR on the maket.

Username: Jason43050

Post Number: 2
i have the same problem, i don't get any sound if i choose dts. i also have the vr-407 kenwood receiver. by the way shub,do you have a manual for that vr-407? i need one, you possibly scan it and email it to me? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1407
PLus.....

Lets also not overlook the fact that you cannot play DVDs in DTS mode if the soundtrack isnt recorded in DTS. I made that mistake when I first bought my new receiver:-) You cant squeeze blood from a turnip.

If it is a DTS soundtrack, and you have correctly configured your DVD player in the player setup menu, it will work without a hitch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us