Best way to hook up the component video...?

Unregistered guest
I have a TV, DVD, & receiver.
TV -(1) set of component IN (& S video)
DVD - (1) set of component OUT (plus s-vid & optical)

Receiver has (2) component IN & (1) component out. (plus s-vi & optical)

What is the best way to hook this up for clearest sound & video? THANK YOU for the help

johnman
Unregistered guest
Component out of DVD directly to TV.
Optical out of DVD directly to receiver.

Don't forget to go into your DVD players on screen menu to set audio to (optical out).

Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 7
JTOUPS1214

Does the AVR have inputs and outputs for S-video, that way when you switch to DVD mode on the AVR the signal is, all ready to output to the TV or a video projector, and for VCR it will be just Component, going to the AVR component input and output to the TV or video projector.

Makes it a whole lot easier as well, rather switching the TV by remote to the S-video mode, but if you don't mind, that's OK.

JTOUPS1214
Unregistered guest
So "Johnman," You're saying I won't need a set of Audio cables if I hook it up your way?

JTOUPS1214
Unregistered guest
"Andy Summers," my AVR has neither S-video input or output. So that won't work.

JTOUPS1214
Unregistered guest
Let's say I hookup my DVD to TV (using Component Video.) If I hookup my DVD then to my AVR (using the optical digital)...will I get surround ONLY when watching a DVD or when I'm watching TV also? I want to achieve surround out of TV also! Thank YOU!

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 344
check to see if your TV has audio out jacks on it.... if it does then hook them up to the TV in on the receiver. and what johnman said is that you do need audio cables.... optical cable is audio cable and you need to run it from your DVD player the the receiver but not to the tv.

so real quick
dvd player has a component video out into the TV and an optical audio out into the receiver

the tv then has an audio out running into the TV in on the receiver enjoy

JTOUPS1214
Unregistered guest
Will sound come out of you TV speakers when you watch a DVD? becuase hooking it up that way puts no audio cable from DVD to TV.

JTOUPS1214
Unregistered guest
Here is a link to the picture my Receiver & DVD.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=135050&id=moreph otos&pi=6&i=158HT6800D&display=XL

JTOUPS1214
Unregistered guest
Here is the link to a picture of my receiver & DVD (back panel)

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=135050&id=moreph otos&pi=6&i=158HT6800D&display=XL

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 345
if you have a center chanel speaker then you dont need sound to come out of the tv
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us