Wiring help

Username: Twentygritter

Post Number: 1
just looking for advice on how to hook up a a/v receiver, dvd, tv, and playstation2. 2speakers and a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 634
Chris, have you looked at any manuals?

Post Number: 2
yes. its all very confusing to me. it seems as though there is more than one way to do it all. i have an NAD t743 a/v receiver and a NAD t533 dvd. just looking for the best way to connect.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 913
There is no 'one' way. Plug the things into the back of the receiver any way you want so long as it works. That should be your only concern.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 640
Let me try and be a tad bit more specific. If your receiver has audio/video inputs and outputs, you connect your components to the inputs using audio/video cables (composite, S-video or component for video, depending on receiver input & output and tv input) and run the receiver output to your tv. However, without knowing the connectivity options available on your tv, it's difficult to give precise advice.

Post Number: 3
thank u. if it were 15 yrs ago i wouldnt be having a problem. its all the options i have now. can i go component video from receiver to tv, then digital coax for audio from the dvd to the receiver? i also have component video for my playstation but only one component video jack on t.v. the receiver has more connentions than i know what to do with. so what u r saying is go from tv straight to receiver and then from receiver to dvd? doesnt that just add a set of wires?.thank u for the replies..

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 917
chris,
Since you're not running 5.1 surround, the method of connection isnt as important, and there are several ways to achieve your goals. Do whichever you feel is most simple and logical.

IF you were running 5.1, that would open another can of worms. For starters, you dont need to use your digitalcoax/optical connections since you're only using a 2channel stereo mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us