Home Theater Setup Questions

Username: Pinchaser

Post Number: 8
Call me stupid but I am abit confused about a couple issues:

1. I purchased an Elite 54TX
2. I purchased Klipsh F3 fronts with Surrounds and Center.
3. I owned an M&K 12" THX certified sub.
4. I bi-wired the fronts since I dont have rear surrounds yet.
5. I use the MCACC auto configure setup and got some strange settings and I was not impressed with the sound in any of the movie settings.
6. I used top of the line monster cables to attach everything and used a monster power bar.

So today I bought a Radio Shack Digital Sound meter to attempt to manually set the variables. I am much more impressed with the sound but I might not be properly configured.

1st I manually set all speakers sound levels to the same level in decibles... fronts, center, surrounds and sub.
2nd I measured the distance front each speaker to the primary seating position and set the delays to those distances.

Therein lies my question? Should I measure the distance from each speaker to the 54tx? or to the primary seating position (as I have done)? Does the length of cables alter this distance?

Is there anything else that I need to do?

For what is is worth.. the room is 12x18x8.. fronts are 7 feet apart, center is located above 36" TV ... surrounds are located 7' from floor and 12 feet from front wall (directly across from primary setting position). Sub is located between left front and tv.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us