Idiot needs pro help

Username: Jayerdu

Cary, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
Hey all - newbie here. I have been reading these boards religiously and have learned alot. Thanks to everyone who has enough patience to be considerate and answering questions. Now...

I currently own a DCR Plasma TV(HP-P5581), DVR (DVD-VR320), DVD/Receiver (HT-DB390), Xbox (with component adapter), and PSII.

I *need* to hook all of these up and want the best quality video and audio (even if I have to buy more adapters, switches, etc.). I think I know how to do this after reading all of your posts, but before I go to the store this weekend to buy cables and stuff, I wanted some experienced advice. My main problem right now is that I want component video quality from dvd/receiver for movies, AND x-box. And I don't know how to do this because my TV has only ONE component video input. I don't care about the dvr quality because it will be used to record missed tv shows. This is what I know right now:

Since my tv is dcr (already set up with cable co.) and the HDTV quality is not so good, I am assuming I already need an air-antenna for HDTV (right?!?). If so, which one should I get.

The DVR will only be used for recording and not movies. So do I treat this like a VCR when I hook up?

Thanks,
Jaye

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 569
First try looking at the manuals.

Username: Jayerdu

Cary, Nc Usa

Post Number: 2
I read the manuals. Unfortunately, Samsung manuals are pretty bad when it comes to set up.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 812
Actually.......there are many solutions.

One is to use your receiver as a switch and run your various stuff into your receiver. Then with one set of components, connect it all to your TV.

You're problem is you're looking at the wrong manual. Try reading your receiver manual.

Good luck.....

johnman
Unregistered guest
I believe your HT-DB390 is a inclusive system which means it does not have an additional set of component video inputs for an external source.
And your plasma only has one set of component inputs.
Besides getting some type of component video A/B switchbox it looks like you are out of luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us