Speaker A/B Newbie Question

Anonymous

Onkyo HTS-570

Is it possible to Have all 5 speakers, the HTS570 comes with, in "Speaker A" channel and also add another set of speakers to the "Speaker B" (150 Watts - 8ohm) and listen to them both at the same time?

I know it can be done but will it mess up the receiver or speakers at all with this extra needed power? Or will it just not sound right?

Sales people don't really know. I plan to buy this very soon.

Thanks,
Rich

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 564
If the receiver is designed to allow simultaneous play of A & B, it will say so in the manual. Go to Onkyo's web site and check it out.

Anonymous

It does allow you to do so simultaneously...my question was:

Will it mess up the receiver or speakers at all with this extra needed power? Or will it just not sound right?

Thanks in advance for the input

Rich

Anonymous

Can anyone answer my question please???

Rich

ecrane
Unregistered guest
I play the A&B speakers at the same time frequently with no problems with the HTS 770s system. Neither set of speakers are the ones that came with the system, they're bigger and better. The stock fronts and center, for that matter, aren't real great speakers. I have noticed that the B speakers don't play as loud as the A speakers and that the bass isn't as strong. Both the A and B sets are indentical pairs of old time Avid 102's. You'll also find that when the B speakers are on only the A fronts and subwoofer play. There is no way to play the rears with speakers B on.

Anonymous

Thanks for the response ecrane...

Rich

Unregistered guest
Where to place speaker B. Even I had the same questions as above? Does it make the experience better?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us