Questions about hooking up Home Theater

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I have a question. I just brought a new tv from eBay. It's a Sanyo DS20930 20" for my bedroom. I read some good reviews about this tv so I bought it. I think this tv don't have a audio output. Is there anyway I can get a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup for this tv. I am also looking to hook up my Xbox, PS2, Cable TV, and DVD player to it. Is there anyway I can hook up all of these since this tv has only 2 RCA In ports? Also since I'm only a college student, is there any cheap 5.1 systems that you can recommend? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2993
Check out the speakers from fluance.com
Great budget speakers.
Do you have a budget for a receiver and speakers?

Arthur Luo
Unregistered guest
Maybe, depends on the cost but I don't have any audio out ports on my TV though...

Arthur Luo
Unregistered guest
Maybe, depends on the cost but I don't have any audio out ports on my TV though...

Username: Musicjam23

Post Number: 1
Hey people's I have a KOSS KS5192 DIGITAL HOME VIDEO AND AUDIO ENTERTAINENT SYSTEM. I have a qustion that I need an answer to asap. WILL IT Work on my Television I got DVD's to work and the radio works but it will not work at the moment to where I can hear the television thru the speakers!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 847
Arthur,
That doesnt matter.

To be honest, you dont even want to use audio outs from your TV for surround because your tv will send a poor quality 2channel signal(at best)to your receiver. If you want 5.1 surround, you'll need to connect your DVD player(and other components) directly to your receiver via a digcoax or optical cable and completely leave your TV out of the loop.

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
Kenneth,
If that's the case, you still need to connect a TV-audio source into your receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 271
paul you must work from home too

Silver Member

Post Number: 850
LOL......yep. I'll never ever do the 'office thing' again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us