Polk 6700vsParadigm Cinema 90vs Atehna Mira 6

Username: Scottb

Post Number: 1
I am putting together my first HT system and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on Speakers? I Like the Polk 6700. I have not heard the Paradigm's or the Athen's, but have heard good things about them. The receiver is also yet to come, but I am leaning towards the yamaha 757 or the Marantz 5500.

Any suggestions on speakers and receivers would be apperciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 60
go with the marantz and the paradigm speakers. you'll be happy you did. paradigm tend to be fairly bright speakers. and the warmth of the marantz receiver will really complement the speakers. And Don't even mention the word polk audio in this forum again! Polk sucks. they used to be fairly good (10 year ago), but all their current line sucks big time! and you'll get ripped off by major retailers for them!

about the only thing you may need with the paradigm 90vs is a new sub. I have yet to find a speaker system that comes with a decent sub so if you find one, let me know!! any of the paradigm subs will work quite nicely with the paradigm 90vs.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 571
Scott, totally disregard Cyrus' advice because it is obviously biased and therefor, far from objective. Go listen to some speakers and decide for yourself. You may or may not like the Paradigms.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 61
Scott, biased opinions are what you are asking for by posting on this site. Everyone has a bias on this site, even Mr. Wiley. Don't take our word as fact and absolute law, just take it as our opinion, since that what it is. The reason people ask questions on this forum is to hear the OPINIONS of people who may or may not have more experience and knowledge in this area.

As far as my OPINION on paradigm speakers, there are very people on this planet who would honestly recommend polk anything over paradigm. Paradigm may very well be one of the best speaker manufacturers in the world, Polk might as well be bought out of a van behind the wal-mart parking lot...

go listen for yourself, and I believe you will agree with me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us