Alternatives to the Bose 3-2-1

Unregistered guest
Ok, I am going to have a real problem with installing my home theater. To start, The house I am moving into (the living room) has vaulted ceilings with hardwood floors. A fireplace will be the right wall and the left wall has a walkway along it so wiring along the baseboards is ruled out. No basement either. This will make running wires an absolute nightmare, anyways the wife don't want holes in the walls, so I'm pretty much screwed. I can always set up the current system I have in the bedroom. This leaves a living room open for a new system. The problem is, the only setup that seems reasonable that I can find right now would be the Bose 3-2-1 system b/c I won't need to run wires towards the back. I have heard such bad things about Bose in general and I already know they are overpriced. Since running rear wire doesn't appear to be a feasable option, are there any other systems similiar to the 3-2-1 bose that may be an alternative for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Sause

Post Number: 47
The Yamaha YSP-1 is a good bet, and I beleive there is a KEF system that you can do also.

jeremy1820
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. I have been checking on that Yamaha, and it looks like it might be worth a shot. Not a substitute for a true home theater, but may be a good comprimise with the wife, who doesn't want me putting speakers all over the room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us