1080i res Windows Flickering???

Username: Buzert

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 2
Hi. For some reason when I run 720p res on my HDTV it looks real good, but when I switch to 1080i it flickers. Games and pictures look fantastic but it's the dialong boxes and windows and definatly text that flicker. The specs of my systme are below;

PC
P4 3.0ghz
1 gig ddr2 ram
Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH
Running Component Monster Cables

HDTV 51" Toshiba Widscreen

Thanks ahead of time

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 202
refresh rate on vid card too high try lowering it .hdtv's are not really meant for pc monitors though.

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 3
really? This could take a while. Is there any guidlines for this? Does everyone really just keep trying every refresh rate untill they find the best one?

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 55
Right click desktop. Go properties. THen the settings tab. Click on advanced. Click the moniter tab, then select "hide modes this moniter cannot display". Then choose any of them. Work your way through until you find the right one.

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 4
Just tried it, no go. I tried every one from 60-100. I could go higher but I was really noticing no change. Correct me if I"m wrong but this card should do 1080i? It just seemes to be the borders of dialog boxes and windows that do it. Plus the text if pretty blurry.

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 62
Is your TV plasma/lcd or CRT? If it is plasma/lcd, then it should not be doing it. However, if it is CRT, then you have a problem. See, CRT's are not very good at displaying computer images. That is why, if you connect via svideo or composite, it is crap.

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 5
Damn it. It's a CRT. What if I connected using DVI to HDMI connector??? Do I have any options, am I wasting my time trying to get 1080i to work on my CRT?

Ten of Zero
Unregistered guest
1080i is interlaced, therefor you need to set your refresh rate to 30Hertz.

Cheers, E-man

Anonymous

i in 1080i stands for interlaced. Interlaced means flickering. Put it back to 720p.

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 6
Alright now you guys are controdicting each other. So should I even bother trying to set the refresh rate to 30Hertz or is still going to flicker? I would try it instead of asking but I'm having problems changing the refresh rate to be that low.

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 17
I have a PC with a 128 MB Radeon card and when I hook it up using DVI-HDMI to a Sony 46" HDTV, the screen is horrible, flickers like crazy and text has severe edge problems (aliasing). But, when I played The Incredibles DVD the output was much much sharper, less noisier and overall better than my 480p Onkyo DVD player.

Anil

Reilly
Unregistered guest
Which one do you think has a better deal Free Dishnetwork or Free Directtv?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us