Connect Audigy 2 to Onkyo Receiver via analogue

Username: Ltig99

Post Number: 2
Hi, I haven't been able to find any info on this because I'm using a really old-school Onkyo receiver. It has only analogue stereo inputs and outputs Dolby Pro Logic.

I want to hook up my Audigy 2 to the receiver so I can get surround out of it. I know it can be done with DVD players , VCRs etc. but can I do it with an Audigy 2?

Right now I have it set up so that it comes out of the front output on the Audigy 2, splits into two RCA plugs, then splits those two RCA plugs, so I have two lefts and two rights. One set of LRs goes back to the hook ups for the computer speakers, the other goes to the receiver via a patch cable. The patch cable plugs into my DVD player, then is routed through there to the receiver.

I know I can get surround when routing through the DVD player, because I do it with my cable box and it works fine.

How then, can I hook the Audigy 2 up to my receiver so that I get Pro Logic sound out of it?

Username: Ltig99

Post Number: 4
nm, I figured it out. I accidently had a mono connection in the loop. I replaced it with a stereo mini-plug and everything works now. Perfect Pro-Logic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us